My new cue is lighter than expected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new cue is lighter than expected

Hi guys, I got my new cue last week, it's great cue and looks beautiful. However, I checked the weight, it's a bit lighter than what I requested for.

It's my first time to order a custom hand made cue from U.K., I'm not going to complain, just curious is that normal?

I requested for 18oz and now is 17.56oz.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by abchinghk View Post
    Hi guys, I got my new cue last week, it's great cue and looks beautiful. However, I checked the weight, it's a bit lighter than what I requested for.

It's my first time to order a custom hand made cue from U.K., I'm not going to complain, just curious is that normal?

I requested for 18oz and now is 17.56oz.

Thanks.
    Who was the maker?

Comment

Before you weighed it, did feel and play good to you? Unless it really does bother you and it does not play right to you, I would not bother with the hassle of getting it altered.
      1/2oz out from the request is a tad much off, and of course now this "issue" is in your head forever! You will have sleepless nights, you will become a walking zombie worrying about the missing 1/2oz!, your friends will desert you (not those on TSF because we are the same!); your family will disown you! You will lose your job as you cant concentrate on the work; you will become homeless, and a TV documentary crew will find you and after talking about your situation they will walk away shaking their heads sadly "oh another one, nothing we can do here"

:biggrin:
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Lol Dean ...... could be your scales?

Comment

If a cue maker fails to get very close to your specs then the right thing to do is tell you as soon as they realise this is the case. That's what a cue maker did with me and I declined the cue and he is building me another. Another cue maker sent out three that were wrong and I sent them all back. He immediately apologised and offered refund or rebuild. My advice would be to double check the weight with another set of decent scales. Then contact the cue maker to discuss options. And please don't ask who the cue makers in question are, that is between me and them.

Comment

I should add, that in terms of weight, I think getting within 0.2oz is reasonable.

Comment

Apart from my joke earlier
              Should have asked, have to contacted the cuemaker yet?
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
              X