Regraining a cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regraining a cue

I'm going to try and regrain one of my old cheap ash cues just as a fun project. I saw on Mike Wooldridges' website that he uses ebony dust mix with some of his oil to grain his cues. As I already own some of his oil I was wondering where I could go about getting some ebony dust without sanding down one of my other cues. Firstly I contacted Reg Wright from Wright cues to see if I could get any from him and i'm waiting on a reply. So do any of you know where I could buy/ask for some ebony dust?

I use earth pigment which you can get off eBay...then mix it with a little grain filler and a bit of oil to thin it down, put it on with a rag and leave overnight, repeat if the grain is not all full then sand back with a fine sandpaper and oil the cue as necessary

Comment

I used to use Aurora grain filler but I can't see any mention of them now on the internet. Facebook page out of date and website shows an error, they used to do some nice grain filler and oils.
      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

ive got some black earth pigment and some sand sealer to mix, just waiting for my cue to come back from craftsman for a new splice then i will put some pics up.
        http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
          I used to use Aurora grain filler but I can't see any mention of them now on the internet. Facebook page out of date and website shows an error, they used to do some nice grain filler and oils.

I've still got half a bottle of this aurora cue grain filler left amazing stuff and can't find it anywhere else or anything like it, if someone started bottling there stuff and sold it on eBay they'd fly off the shelves
          Last edited by dave121260; 30 January 2017, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by dave121260 View Post
            I've still got half a bottle of this aurora cue grain filler left amazing stuff and can't find it anywhere else or anything like it, if someone started bottling there stuff and sold it on eBay they'd fly off the shelves
            Yeah, I've still got 3 bottles. Quite like it and bee trying to replicate it for a while!

Comment

Came across this the other day, no idea if its available outside asia.

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post

Not so sure that its a grain filler? Looks like it says, grain enhancer, so I guess it depends which one you are after.

When the pigment comes out I'm not so sure this one would replace it, rather just bring the grain colour out.

Interesting product though.

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post

Looks a good product thou! anybody on here tried this or similar products?

Gaz.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                    Any link to Buy that ?

Comment

Originally Posted by Muneebsarwar View Post
                      Any link to Buy that ?
                      Lol he just said he couldn't find it anywhere

Comment

Grain filler is not hard to buy and can get it from http://www.wsjenkins.co.uk, polish manufacturer.
                        I have used them for years and can ring them for advice to.
                        For that one you've always wanted...
                        https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Working...
                        X