Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in New Zealand? Help buying please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone in New Zealand? Help buying please!

Hello,

Does anyone on here live in New Zealand and can point me in the right direction to purchase my next cue?

I've had my BCE Jimmy White Signature Series 3/4 ash cue - don't laugh! - for 16 years now, and feel it's now time for a change/higher quality cue...

Having moved back to Christchurch NZ last year, it seems snooker shops are few and far between on the South Island! The only snooker shop in Christchurch is charging the equivalent of £340 for a Cuecraft Royal Standard! Don't these retail for £180 in the UK?

Ideally, I want a Cuecraft or similar quality/priced cue - whichever you can recommend - 3/4, ash, open to options up to £200...

I'd be open to buying from a reputable member off here and shipping from the UK, but I do feel uneasy about shipping distance and the potential risk of damage(?)

Your thoughts/advice is greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Favourite players: Kirk Stevens, Stephen Hendry, John Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Ding Junhui

Anyone in New Zealand? Help buying please!

If I was you I'd get in touch with adr and see if he ships to nz and see what he has on the go

Comment

Will it not be easier buying from Thailand, shipping costs etc?
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by Tommykiid View Post
        If I was you I'd get in touch with adr and see if he ships to nz and see what he has on the go
        Snap! Just been looking at his EBay store... Some lovely looking options on there

I'm not 'tight', but even I won't be paying almost double the price for a Cuecraft from a local Christchurch shop lol.

I don't know any shops in Thaland and wouldn't know where to start. Would rather buy from the UK if I'm going to purchase from overseas
        Favourite players: Kirk Stevens, Stephen Hendry, John Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Ding Junhui

Comment

Maximus and ton praram have pages on Facebook you can check out. Great value for money.

Comment

I've just ordered a cue off TP and I'm in Aus and he was great to deal with also Mick at World Cue Sports in Sydney has a good range and he is great to deal with for someone closer as well

Comment

Originally Posted by jono* View Post
              Maximus and ton praram have pages on Facebook you can check out. Great value for money.
              Thanks, I'll take a look at Maximus and Ton Praram now... which would you recommend out of those two?

Just read a thread from two years ago on Ton Praram and every post spoke highly of Jack, which is very reassuring

Comment

A friend has a TP - he loves it, it is a really nice cue, spot on splices, etc.
                Only seen one Maximus, again a very well made cue.
                Both played well to me, the TP maybe more responsive to me - out of those two cues; as we know every cue is different

Rock and a hard place, eh?
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I have a TP ,while I changed my mind about the kind of cue I like playing with, so don't use it now,it was made to the exact specs I asked for ,I can't fault it and that was just the bottom end range, so that's not even a worry, you don't have to go top end to get a good cue from TP.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Thanks for all of your replies - much appreciated

I'll be ordering a TP very soon, nothing top-end

Best regards

Comment

Have you ordered the cue? I'm interested in ordering one too
                      Keep practising, keep focus, enjoy the game you love

Comment

If you add a little to your budget you can order a plain ebony Maximus Ultimate to your specs. They are on facebook and is great to deal with. Great playing cues.

Comment

Originally Posted by J.Lee View Post
                          Have you ordered the cue? I'm interested in ordering one too
                          Not ordered one yet, as I had my original cue re-tipped and it's transformed it. However, I will be ordering a Ton Pra Ram in a few months for sure

Comment

Originally Posted by dottcom View Post
                            If you add a little to your budget you can order a plain ebony Maximus Ultimate to your specs. They are on facebook and is great to deal with. Great playing cues.
                            Thanks whereabouts in NZ are you based? Not many snooker players where I am in Chch

Comment

I'm in Auckland. I may be able to assist you, depending on what brand and specs you're after. I've got a stack of quality cues, one of which may interest you. If you know Gary Gillard he's got a Thai one piece he may sell. Call me on 021 931 698. Cheers, Grahame

Comment

Working...
                              X