Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robin Scott cues?

Hey.
    Bought myself a cue from eBay yesterday.
    I'm only a beginner so I don't want to spend too much on a cue untill I become more serious about the game. I've tried looking these cues up on google but the search only generates links to the same cue being sold on eBay.

Ebay number : 140131365438

Considering I got a case aswell I don't think it was too bad a deal, so anyway, just wondering if anyone can shed any light on the quality of the cue?

Thanks
    Ben

Pretty sure that these are mass produced in China. However you didnt pay megabucks and it came with a case. Im sure that some might not think much to it, but its probably more than enough to see if you like the game. Hope you enjoy it.

Just to add: Theres a bloke in my pool league who plays with a very similar cue from ebay. He seems to play pretty well with it!

Comment

LOL!
      The b*stard, win some ya loose some eh

Comment

Hey, I think you did OK, you certainly wouldnt get all that for so little in a shop. Im sure one of the guys who knows more will be along to say a bit more.

Comment

Could think of it this way - you bought a case and got the cue for free lol
          Watching the world go by...

Comment

china - price makes that clear enough!
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Ben

Hows the cue ? i too have just bought the same cue from e bay and expect delivery today.

Comment

my friend has gotton one from ebay.

considering u do get e aluminium case, with mini butt and a tele extension, it not bad at all for e price if u dun mind it is a china mass production cue.

Comment

I got one of the robin scott cues from the bay of e.
                  It's straight, it comes with case and extensions.
                  what it does not come with is varnish nor anyother type of finish.
                  so get some oil/wax from some of the guys on here..... finish off the cue so it dont get dirty... and for the money, aint too bad at all

Comment

I think you will find it has be laquered.

Comment

The 'ebony" on these cues is painted on I think, isn't it?
                      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

hey i brought a robin scott cue today edition 11 for £80 is it worth it how mutch u give for yours and r they good

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                          The 'ebony" on these cues is painted on I think, isn't it?
                          its what they call an "ebonised" butt which basiccally means its some other dark cheap wood or painted on but it doesnt make much of a difference

Comment

Originally Posted by mattlovesdonna View Post
                            hey i brought a robin scott cue today edition 11 for £80 is it worth it how mutch u give for yours and r they good
                            To be honest I'd rather get a machine spliced craftsman victor cue for that price. They are more reliable I think.
                            Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

to all those who have bought robin scott cues- are they good ? how do they feel ? coz , i was thinking of buying one them until i looked at various threads stating that these arent gud .

if so, please advise me on some other proper alternatives within 100 pounds that are good looking cues , as that is the main criteria .
                              thnx

Comment

Working...
                              X