No announcement yet.

Robin Scott cues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are these cues laquered or not? im about to take the plunge and buy one on ebay i think.

Comment

there ok for the money you pay ,your not paying for a big name and the cues are very playable for a new starter

Comment

who's question are you answering there? Because it's not mine is it lol

Comment

i have played league snooker for a while and just got one and have to say for the price and my standard well chuffed, but you must oil it or it will gather dirt.

Comment

Hi all, I have just ordered myself one of these. Can anyone recommend what type of oil / wax /polish I should use please?

Thank you,

Greener

Comment

A good standard is Raw Linseed Oil from any ironmongers shop.
              Also, many a cue maker supply their own oil-mixes:
              Mike Wooldridge, Dave Coutts, Aurora, Craftsman, etc.
              All are good to protect the wood and provide a nice smooth finish.
              Which is best - is a personal preference, do a search for which finish you prefer and you will see a recent thread

Personally I have used raw linseed oil for many many years on many cues with very nice results, I have tried Aurora oil/blend, which also gives a nice finish.
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thanks very much for the swift reply Dean. Much appreciated!

Comment

Quite interested in getting one of these cues, seems to be suitable for my current needs.

Looking on eBay I can only find 14 results. The Buy It Nows are £100 or more. People on this thread have mentioned prices a fair bit less than that.

Am I missing something? Are there different types or what?

Comment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-ROBIN-...item2320b1b5f8

Wouldnt pay more than around £50 for full set delivered.They are often on ebay for 99p no reserve.

Comment

Thanks. Are these lacquered or not, seems to be that they were but no longer are...people in this thread saying they need oiling etc?

For the price and my current needs, these seem appealing.

Any alternative for same price with the bundle?

Comment

it says it is hand made. Is it really?

Comment

Originally Posted by anomalous View Post
                          it says it is hand made. Is it really?
                          ya .. all Robin's cue are handmade..

Comment

Originally Posted by Freddie Ng View Post
                            ya .. all Robin's cue are handmade..
                            Robin Scott or Robin Cook?

Robin Cook - all handmade from square stock, yes.
                            Robin Scott - from the photo, hand spliced yes, "handmade" from square stock, not sure, for time and hence cheaper price probably machine turned. which is not necessarily a bad thing. On the ebay advert they do say "handmade" so ...

Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

You've got to love the description . . why let the facts get in the way of a good story ( currently standing at £16 with 50mins to go in auction) . :-

"This is a set of very rare Robin Scott limited edition 15 snooker cue presenting its archaic culture character, a real complete handmade and very valuable collection item.

It is a brand new high quality 4 piece top grade 'A' ash cue,Each piece is an individual perfect art, according the outstanding design and skillful technics, evidently these figures were absolutely made by expert carpenters and visually representing Robin Scott's ability and wisdom."

No mention of them potting the balls themselves though. I take it only high end Freida cues do that ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

bloomin cheap tho

Comment

Working...
                                X