No announcement yet.

Robin Scott cues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ive said before for the money you can get a gd deal ,you can bet some of the cues that gav puts out will be 1-2 of these done up to a better standard,there a decent playable cue when retipped.

Comment

i have about 150 of these here that are pretty good not too bad a strike rate really i bought around 220 they do have to be oiled up etc and the tips they are supplied with are frighteningly bad.
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Hi - newbie here.

I am about to purchase one of these and have done a fair amount of research - probably BAD research, but still ........

I'm no newcomer to the game, but I AM a poor player, with a highest break of 38 done once 25 years ago! (to be fair I have played maybe 25 frames in the past 25 years, but am looking to get a bit more serious about it)

I own an Alex Higgins cue circa 1983 bought from my local Rileys which I loved, but is now warped. This Robin Scott cue looks to be at least the equivalent of my old one and at the price it will do for me

Talking of price - the Egay seller uses two methods of selling, namely Buy It Now at £104 with a Best Offer option, plus he sells as a regular auction item. As far as I can tell the actual "market rate" of these is around the £40 mark - even when it is a Buy It Now listing. Therefore, my advice is DO NOT pay £104!!!

I'll come back once I've had chance to assess one - and I haven't actually got one yet - to report on it's abilities (and my own lack of!)

Ian

Comment

As advised in my earlier post ... listed at £104 Buy It Now .... best offer accepted at £50 (wish I'd offered £40 now!)

Got to be worth nearly that just for the case!

Most previous posts mention that these come with a cheap tip, so first thing to do is re-tip it. Here is my question .......

I have glued on a new tip to a cue before, using a self adhesive wafer, then sanding the edges and doming it. However ... I just got a tip from behind the counter at Rileys, and wasn't aware that there WERE different standards of tip. So could someone advise what tip to buy, and what difference it makes?

Thanks -

Comment

Just buy elkmaster tips if your not sure, they are fairly standard and cheap enough. Use super glue gel, be careful sanding edges as could scratch ferrule/cue, best to turn upside down and trim with sharp stanley/scalpel.

See link...

http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~rh389/TSF/ADR147TIPGUIDE.pdf

Comment

Thanks for that stejohn - very informative, I'll give it a go!

Comment

I just bought one too. $100 CDN including shipping. I can always give it to my son or put in my rack for a house cue.
                " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
                " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
                http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

Working...
                X