Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
    It's frustrating Marc.
    I hope it gets Sorted out for every one. I do'nt know what is his problem. shortage of employees Or wood, maybe.

One thing I know for sure. someone who claims a tip size shrank about 5 mm due to climate change ,, is not exactly a person you can consider as an rational guy.
    If he's successful because he's good then that's a good thing.

Giving estimates on time to customers as they come in isn't that hard in any trade and all you have to do is keep people informed when things change.

I could stand in front of him for 10 minutes and with a few questions could work out his delays and how best to update the outstanding customers; not rocket science.

What was the old adage, a disgruntled customer will tell ten people and a happy one only tells 3, guess where the focus should be.
    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Shockerz, what the hell are you waffling on about?

Jon Ot has had my custom made cue completed and ready to ship since September. On November 4th he agreed to send it to me asap, and nothing has arrived !

I've sent numerous messages asking whether it has been dispatched and the tracking number, but neither of my cues have arrived, and not one reply from him.

If I don't get my 2 cues soon, then I will be taking a series of progressive steps in order to recover them.

EZ
      Last edited by EZ_4_U_OK; 21 December 2016, 05:25 PM.
      " It's impossible to put a price on happiness "...:-) EZ

Comment

Originally Posted by EZ_4_U_OK View Post
        Shockerz, what the hell are you waffling on about?

Jon Ot has had my custom made cue completed and ready to ship since September. On November 4th he agreed to send it to me asap, and nothing has arrived !

I've sent numerous messages asking whether it has been dispatched and the tracking number, but neither of my cues have arrived, and not one reply from him.

If I don't get my 2 cues soon, then I will be taking a series of progressive steps in order to recover them.

EZ
        Not sure what you took offense to?

Just saying that basically if he is a good cue maker then the other problems are easy to sort out if he really wanted to keep customers happy.

As for me, I have a relative amount of patience and then I generally keep my cool and give up if the pain outweighs any potential gain and find another way to get satisfaction.

I contacted Paypal a while back as he'd stop answering me; he still didn't answer when I did this so I escalated it to a dispute; He still didn't answer so I have claimed my initial monies back which went into my account today.

So, I have my money. I have no idea where the cues are, whether they have been made or sent and after this, I really don't care.

He could be the best cue maker in the world but he's not worth the pain; if they turn up then I'll take a look but guess what, I certainly won't be very quick at communicating with him!

Comment

Glad you got it sorted and got your money back in the end Shockerz , I know like the rest of us you would rather have the cue but at least you didn't lose out.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
            Glad you got it sorted and got your money back in the end Shockerz , I know like the rest of us you would rather have the cue but at least you didn't lose out.
            Bitter sweet!

It's been emotional.

Comment

I ordered a 1 piece cue 6 months ago with 2 extensions. It arrived with a very sticky thick oil finish, and it is not lacquer. The extensions didn't arrive together with the cue. I had to remind them to resend it, only for it to arrive with the joins not aligned. Sent them a number of messages about this, but still no reply.

Bottom line: Stay the F away from OT Cues

Comment

Originally Posted by dottcom View Post
                I ordered a 1 piece cue 6 months ago with 2 extensions. It arrived with a very sticky thick oil finish, and it is not lacquer. The extensions didn't arrive together with the cue. I had to remind them to resend it, only for it to arrive with the joins not aligned. Sent them a number of messages about this, but still no reply.

Bottom line: Stay the F away from OT Cues
                Dissappointing. It drives me to pay for stuff abroad using Paypal only because of their resolution process.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                  I think it's great when someone gets busy because they are good at what they do as it shows they have a good product.
                  If and when you start making cues then don't take orders, just advertise the ones you make and sell to those who want to buy them.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                    If and when you start making cues then don't take orders, just advertise the ones you make and sell to those who want to buy them.
                    Sounds sensible to me.

Like anything, if it turned into something else then you need a system from the off that makes some common sense.

People know that what they're doing isn't working so it's they're capacity for change that's at question; that's why things escalate rapidly when the same thinking is applied!

Other cue makers do ok as they think about what their capacity is for churning cues out against the demand.......but let's not get too deep into process!

I agree Vmax.

Comment

Selling what you have made doesn't carry the same premium mark up though, I think that's why they get sucked in to taking orders , then it's so hard to turn down business. Strange how folk will wait over four years for a Parris after being told eighteen months but won't wait ten months for a cue that was supposed to be three or four.
                      Sorry to hear about your cue Dottcom, it's such a great feeling waiting for your new cue, it must have been such a let down when that happened.
                      Last edited by itsnoteasy; 24 December 2016, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Selling what you have made doesn't carry the same premium mark up though, I think that's why they get sucked in to taking orders , then it's so hard to turn down business. Strange how folk will wait over four years for a Parris after being told eighteen months but won't wait ten months for a cue that was supposed to be three or four.
                        Sorry to hear about your cue Dottcom, it's such a great feeling waiting for your new cue, it must have been such a let down when that happened.
                        I'd have to be a really good player to have to weight 4 years for any cue; I'm certainly not to that standard!

Personally, I ordered to see if they were any good to sell on my website so not for personal use as I might of waited a bit longer if they were.

Having to guess when the cues may or not come doesn't figure into my plans so hence there seemed to be little enjoyment or benefit in carrying on, life's too short and I'm not getting any younger (as I'm told far to often!).

Comment

Oh I agree Shockerz, I couldn't wait six months let alone four plus years, its very strange to me, I might not even be around in four years.

Comment

Oh I agree Shockerz, I couldn't wait six months let alone four plus years, its very strange to me, I might not even be around in four years.
                            Yep. I'd think twice about buying a bunch of green bananas at my age!

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                              Yep. I'd think twice about buying a bunch of green bananas at my age!
                              Ha ha ha iv'e just bought a bunch, was feeling optimistic

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                                Ha ha ha iv'e just bought a bunch, was feeling optimistic
                                Noooooooooooo!

Share them out........quickly!

Comment

Working...
                                X