Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Players Didn't Change their Cue Till Date..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Players keeping 1 cue for their whole career is a lot more of a rarity these days.

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
      Players keeping 1 cue for their whole career is a lot more of a rarity these days.
      I'm struggling to think of any players going their whole pro career with one cue; Reardon? Jimmy?

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
        I'm struggling to think of any players going their whole pro career with one cue; Reardon? Jimmy?
        White has had a different cue since 99, Reardon had his Burwat champion all his career, th ough it did get rebuilt at one point. Matthew Stevens has had his cue over 20+ years, its a hunt & o'byrne modified by Trevor White. Willie Thorne is another who had his donkeys years. Some players have changed out of necessity, Hendry and Murphy having their cues broken being the obvious ones.

Comment

Matthew Stevens cue was modified by Robert Osborne . David Gray took it there for him when he re spliced the cue .

But Trevor White may have worked on it after this .
          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
            Matthew Stevens cue was modified by Robert Osborne . David Gray took it there for him when he re spliced the cue .

But Trevor White may have worked on it after this .
            Yeah Trevor said something about him polishing the ferrule causing the tip end to break a few times.

Comment

Yes , I heard that as well . Had a thing about a shinny ferrule , but affected the shaft of the cue . So believe he had it extended a few times , didn't know that Trevor did it .
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                Ken Doherty bought his cue for 2 pounds. He had Parris do some work on it as well though, which might have cost more than 2 pounds.
                Yeah, you can hear it now, Kendo saying to JP, the bill is 200 times the cost of the cue!
                Last edited by Big Splash!; 19 December 2016, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
                  White has had a different cue since 99, Reardon had his Burwat champion all his career, th ough it did get rebuilt at one point. Matthew Stevens has had his cue over 20+ years, its a hunt & o'byrne modified by Trevor White. Willie Thorne is another who had his donkeys years. Some players have changed out of necessity, Hendry and Murphy having their cues broken being the obvious ones.
                  I was watching 1988 match of Hendry and Jimmy and Jimmy had same Cue which he played Ronnie few days back....He had different cue till mid 80s but the Cue he has now is very old may be 30 years now

Comment

Dennis Taylor is also using same Machine made Cue for more than 30 years now

Comment

Originally Posted by Muneebsarwar View Post
                      Dennis Taylor is also using same Machine made Cue for more than 30 years now
                      Is the story that he found it at Nigel Mansell's house and liked it so much, walked away with it
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                        Is the story that he found it at Nigel Mansell's house and liked it so much, walked away with it
                        lol..watch his few matches of senior championship of few years back

Comment

I was watching 1988 match of Hendry and Jimmy and Jimmy had same Cue which he played Ronnie few days back....He had different cue till mid 80s but the Cue he has now is very old may be 30 years now
                          Come on lads, seems to be some alternative views of Jimmy's cue. I thought, like Muneebsarwar that Jimmy's cue was from 80s as well. But I can't remember now. Maybe Deano will know. What was the cue he used in the early 80s, in the legendary Wembley match with Kirk?
                          Last edited by Big Splash!; 20 December 2016, 09:00 AM.

Comment

The cue he has now is a parris ultimate. The cue he used since around 88 was a round butt hunt & o'byrne cue. It was sold to a Chinese collector a few years back, it was actually advertised on this forum It's looks like it's the same cue because it's the same plain black ebony butt design. But he's been using that one since about 1999, adr has a few pics of it. Strange looking butt the badge is much higher up and turned sideways and the flat looks like its been added after the fact.
                            Last edited by narl; 20 December 2016, 10:31 AM.

Comment

The only player I can think of Splash with virtual certainty who went his entire pro career from 1929 to 1993 (billiards & snooker) with the same cue is Fred Davis.

Comment

Come on lads, seems to be some alternative views of Jimmy's cue. I thought, like Muneebsarwar that Jimmy's cue was from 80s as well. But I can't remember now. Maybe Deano will know. What was the cue he used in the early 80s, in the legendary Wembley match with Kirk?
                                The cue Jimmy used against Kirk Stevens was a Classic Custom Cue made by Cue maker Michael Dunham. Think they were based in Telford. The thick white collar joint was made of maple not white plastic as it appears.

I think the cue originally belonged to Alex Higgins as there is footage Alex using it first in a early pot black episode against Jimmy (circa 83).

Jimmy switched to Hunt and OB circa 85/86. Prior to the Classic Custom Cue Jimmy played Alex in the 82 World Championships using a one piece machine spliced cue.

Comment

Working...
                                X