How to select a cue???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to select a cue???

Ok I haven't played any snooker for about 13 years, before that I played a lot for about 2 years, I used club cues but then jumped in and bought a peradon Royal cue, but never felt happy with it. So, how do you know what's good for you??

Hi mate thats the million Dollar questions just what ever you fell comfortable with
    Current playing cue Trevor White
    3/4 ash cue

Comment

Originally Posted by ChrisG1011 View Post
      Ok I haven't played any snooker for about 13 years, before that I played a lot for about 2 years, I used club cues but then jumped in and bought a peradon Royal cue, but never felt happy with it. So, how do you know what's good for you??
      Hi Chris

As a cue maker in my honest opinion, I think a cue is purely about how it feels to you, regardless of price or brand. do you know roughly what the specs are of the last cue you were happy with (if there was one) also what did you not like about the peradon?

With our custom service we get asked a lot to replicate an old cue as best we can

We would be happy to discuss cues in detail with you and point you in the right direction and potentially build you one to a spec you would be happy with. If we can't help, we will point you to who can

Thanks
      Jason @ HJC
      Last edited by HJCOFFICIAL; 20 January 2017, 07:07 PM.
      For all your cue needs - www.henryjackcues.co.uk
      Handmade to order in England to your specification
      Plus selection of used cues - or cue finder facility - get in touch!

Comment

Originally Posted by HJCOFFICIAL View Post
        Hi Chris

As a cue maker in my honest opinion, I think a cue is purely about how it feels to you, regardless of price or brand. do you know roughly what the specs are of the last cue you were happy with (if there was one) also what did you not like about the peradon?

With our custom service we get asked a lot to replicate an old cue as best we can

We would be happy to discuss cues in detail with you and point you in the right direction and potentially build you one to a spec you would be happy with. If we can't help, we will point you to who can

Thanks
        Jason @ HJC

I have no idea to be honest, the Royal felt too heavy and clunky (if that makes sense)

Comment

I have no idea to be honest, the Royal felt too heavy and clunky (if that makes sense)
          Yeah it makes total sense, I suppose in this scenario you would probably best buying something mid weight, handmade, a mid/soft tip, Not too expensive and seeing how it felt. Then you would have the specs of a cue, you could then decide what you did and didn't like and could look for one that you felt would be closer to what you desire and go looking for it.

Have you got a budget in mind? I've got a few ex test cues that might be a good starting point

Thanks
          Jason
          Last edited by HJCOFFICIAL; 20 January 2017, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Haven't really thought about a budget? Could you send some details to me please? I don't think I can pm yet so my email is info@griffithsdetailing.com

Comment

Haven't really thought about a budget? Could you send some details to me please? I don't think I can pm yet so my email is info@griffithsdetailing.com
              Yeah I'll pop something over to you now

Feel free to ask as many questions as you need, we want to ensure you get what you need

Thanks
              HJC

Also out of curiosity are you the Liverpool based Griffiths detailing? I see a lot of your work on LinkedIn, very impressive!

Comment

Hi Chris

Thanks
                Jason @ HJC
                Good post !!

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                  Good post !!
                  Thanks Ramon

Hoping to be as helpful as possible

Comment

If there were a one stop answer to this question I would be living in the Caribbean and not posting on the forum! In the end every single cue is different as is the need of every player.
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I was hoping there would be a place like the wand shop in Harry Potter where the cue chooses you! An eternal bond etc hahaha

Comment

I was hoping there would be a place like the wand shop in Harry Potter where the cue chooses you! An eternal bond etc hahaha
                        Wish that was the case, would be an easy way for me to sell them if they chose their owner haha

Comment

Wish that was the case, would be an easy way for me to sell them if they chose their owner haha
                          If you put some phoneix feathers in mine I'll defo buy it!!!

Comment

If you put some phoneix feathers in mine I'll defo buy it!!!
                            That may stretch us haha

Comment

Working...
                            X