Cheap or expensive cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
    The main thing is , the cue feels right in your hand / your specs and suits your game .
    What you pay for is NOT important .
    It could be a 1000 mark cue OR a 60 mark cue .
    As long as you can play with , makes No diff what you payed for it.

Hope this helps .
    spot on....

Comment

Any Guitar player out there will know the word GIBSON brings to mind that by owning one you will be another Slash, Jimmy Page, or Joe Pass, sorry it just dont happen !!!!! however one has only to tune into YouTube and see what some guys can do with lets say a much cheaper Epiphone copy, hope you can see where I am coming from regarding this post.

Comment

I can miss a black off the spot with any cue! On a serious note although a more expensive cue will not make you a better player, like everything you get what you pay for.
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

People miss the point of this post completely. Cues become expensive with additional splicing and select shafts. For 200 pounds(plain ebony rosewood etc) its quiet easy to source a cue and get it made to exact specs and such is the craftsmanship of most cuemakers, the end result is a cue that is easy to get along with. Practice long enough with it and it becomes an extension of your arm. Thing is most guys want cues that are suddenly going to transform their games. That wont happen with any cue without PRACTICE> Now add a few additional splices of exotic woods and the prices double and triple. Then you get badge snobbery of a few cuemakers and before you know it you pay double over what would be a fair price. However like I said a cue that does the job and is made to spec and will last you a lifetime is not more than 200 quid if one is prepared to live with a simple looking cue. So in my opinion there really is no "expensive cue" just people who want individuality attached to their cues, in which case pay the cuemaker.

Comment

Originally Posted by sanman View Post
            People miss the point of this post completely. Cues become expensive with additional splicing and select shafts. For 200 pounds(plain ebony rosewood etc) its quiet easy to source a cue and get it made to exact specs and such is the craftsmanship of most cuemakers, the end result is a cue that is easy to get along with. Practice long enough with it and it becomes an extension of your arm. Thing is most guys want cues that are suddenly going to transform their games. That wont happen with any cue without PRACTICE> Now add a few additional splices of exotic woods and the prices double and triple. Then you get badge snobbery of a few cuemakers and before you know it you pay double over what would be a fair price. However like I said a cue that does the job and is made to spec and will last you a lifetime is not more than 200 quid if one is prepared to live with a simple looking cue. So in my opinion there really is no "expensive cue" just people who want individuality attached to their cues, in which case pay the cuemaker.
            That's a good post sanman, especially the bit between a good cue and a good cue with custom exotic splices. I'm certainly starting to see some decent thai cues at reasonable prices challenging the lower end but the exotics bit usually goes under the radar when highlighting the fair price.
            Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
            Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
            Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Working...
            X