Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loose piece inside butt of Parris cue

Hi,

Yesterday my classic Parris cue starting sounding weird and found out that a piece inside the butt (like at the end of the joint) was moving. I contact Parris Cues but they said I have to send the cue just to take a look and find what's happened, which is very costly cause I am from Spain and here I don't know anyone expert in repairing snooker cues. Has this happened to anyone around here? I recorded a video so you can hear at least how it sounds.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxu...ew?usp=sharing

Thanks!

Could be some glue that's broke away and is rattling around ?
    Didn't sound metallic so that would be my guess, awkward to fix without taking the joint apart

Comment

Couldn't comment on Spain but I personally would pay the expense to send it to Parris as the cue has come out of his workshop

Comment

take it to you nearest cabinet maker guitar maker - anybody who works with wood will be able to sort it.
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
          take it to you nearest cabinet maker guitar maker - anybody who works with wood will be able to sort it.
          And it negates the 10 week waiting period for just about anything they do these days

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
            Thanks everyone for your answers. ADR147, do you know what it is that piece that has gotten lo? I've taken a look with the mobile flashlight through the joint hole and I just could see a grey piece which compared to other Parris' cues in the club seemed to be not well aligned, and maybe moving, which can't really be sure.

Comment

Originally Posted by pablosullivan View Post
              Thanks everyone for your answers. ADR147, do you know what it is that piece that has gotten lo? I've taken a look with the mobile flashlight through the joint hole and I just could see a grey piece which compared to other Parris' cues in the club seemed to be not well aligned, and maybe moving, which can't really be sure.
              not without seeing it and you need somebody who can take either the joint or the butt joint out and replace it with confidence.
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by pablosullivan View Post
                could it be a piece of lead weight? Lead is sometimes used in cues to add weight and affect the balance point, could have come lose L)
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Take some tissue's and start pushing them into the female joint until the male joint stops aligning ,if the noise stops the next step is a bit tricky, take a piece of paper and roll it up put it in the female part of the joint and mix some epoxy and pour it into the joint be careful not to put too much in, let it go off and should be sorted

Comment

I had exactly the same problem with my John Parris and took it back into the shop (luckily I only live 40 miles away) John used a tool that matched the thread size of the female joint and cleaned out the joint in around 10-15 seconds and problem solved.
                    I've had the cue another 15 years and no problems since. He said very occasionally a small piece of glue breaks off at the base of the brass joint where it is joined to the wood.

Best of luck solving the problem

Comment

Working...
                    X