When does a price become to much

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When does a price become to much

Been looking at parris ultimate and to beet waiting time price is over 1k when does a cue price become to much and what is your top price you have paid for a cue
    Current playing cue Trevor White
    3/4 ash cue

I think the cue price only becomes too much when the person feels it isn't worth it. Weather it's wait time or price of product.

The Parris ultimate is only 5 years when it has to be made or cut from a 1 piece.

The 3/4 are 12-18months. I called Parris and he said they are doing quite well with the 3/4 and they're about a year. It's slightly cheaper but still around the 1k mark. Cheaper and faster so why not

Comment

Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
      Been looking at parris ultimate and to beet waiting time price is over 1k when does a cue price become to much and what is your top price you have paid for a cue
      if the Mrs has a rant, but then forgets about it the following day, it's worth it. if she's still bleating on about it for the duration of the waiting time, cursing it's delivery and continues to do so each time she sees it i'd say that's a good indication it was too much

Comment

Anything pretty much over £300 is a case of diminishing returns. Anything over £600 is totally pointless from a playing perspective, it's then all about the badge and waiting times.

Comment

there is absolutely no reason a £1000 cue will PLAY any better than a £300 cue, you want to spend a grand go spend it!

Comment

Sort of a pointless argument because everything is worth what somebody is prepared to pay. This is the case for any item, be it a Rolex verses a Timex, a Bic verses a Mont Blanc, a Kia verses a Rolls Royce. Whatever item you can think off they will have different production values, engineering levels, and different Asthetics.

As far as cues are concerned I don't have a problem with paying a £1000 for a cue for myself - but it would need to be a good one, I would not pay just to have the badge, for example I have had maybe 50-70 parris ultimates of those imho maybe 7-10 would have been worthy of the badge.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Parris calls them Ultimates but that's exactly what they are not. Ridiculous folly.

Comment

Originally Posted by ghost121 View Post
                Parris calls them Ultimates but that's exactly what they are not. Ridiculous folly.
                I think there will always be a few that slip through and I think at one stage a few years back, there seemed to be a period where they were being churned out quickly and never looked good enough.

However I think JP has sorted this now and looking at his instagram, he's put up some of his made to measure cues, including a few ultimate's and I think they look worthy of the badge and the price.

As for the OP question, I agree with others, its simply supply and demand and of course reputation.
                There are only a few cue makers charging pretty high prices but I think they have earned that right due to their reputation and experience.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                  Sort of a pointless argument because everything is worth what somebody is prepared to pay. This is the case for any item, be it a Rolex verses a Timex, a Bic verses a Mont Blanc, a Kia verses a Rolls Royce. Whatever item you can think off they will have different production values, engineering levels, and different Asthetics.

As far as cues are concerned I don't have a problem with paying a £1000 for a cue for myself - but it would need to be a good one, I would not pay just to have the badge, for example I have had maybe 50-70 parris ultimates of those imho maybe 7-10 would have been worthy of the badge.
                  Wot he said !

Comment

Is there anything else in life we would buy ,that there is a very very good chance we won't like it and we have to wait five years to find that out? And to top it off ,that will be £1300 please lol. Sounds completely crazy to me but there seems to be plenty around that it makes perfect sense.
                    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

It's a classic case of "it's my money and I'll spend it how I want" I think Stevie
                      Like already been said it probably won't play any better than a 300 - 500 quid cue but....... Who are we to argue?
                      I'm sure if you glued a million pound diamond into a Riley cue someone would by it for the prestige value.
                      Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

When you struggle with a mortgage payment, when your car has done 180k miles, when your kids shoes let water in, etc , etc. If money is not a problem and there is something you love and want - buy it. You only live once ; )
                        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                          When you struggle with a mortgage payment, when your car has done 180k miles, when your kids shoes let water in, etc , etc. If money is not a problem and there is something you love and want - buy it. You only live once ; )
                          With a name like yours Mr Crafty I'll bet you found a way, I know I did!
                          Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                          Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                          Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                            With a name like yours Mr Crafty I'll bet you found a way, I know I did!
                            Of course ; ) my wife has no idea what model driver I use or what the grain and veneers look like on my cue. It's only my stupid conscience that reins me in a bit. ; )
                            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                              Of course ; ) my wife has no idea what model driver I use or what the grain and veneers look like on my cue. It's only my stupid conscience that reins me in a bit. ; )
                              Yes, those guilty pleasures have been a killer to my delicate conscience over the years.

I'm clearing my garage out at the moment to make a workshop and all I keep finding are Taylor made drivers and rescue woods, Yes putters, Adams Tight Lie fairway woods, Mizuno custom made shafts, sets of irons and God knows what else.

There have clearly been a lot of guilty pleasures over the years but as the add says, "You know your worth it" and those £300 drivers always got me an extra 50 yards over the out of bounds!
                              Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                              Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                              Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Working...
                              X