Burroughes and watts Ye Olde Ash Cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Crucible
    He did bidded this one and others from the same seller. I held off any bidding wars and put in a big bid right at the end

hi mate

will it be possible for u to post some pics of the cue?

Comment

I've left it up for a moment but deleted it now to protect against people using the image for bogus auctions. Hope you understand.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147
        space147 is a very well known cue guy and a friend of mine, in my experience if he wants a cue he gets it!
        I believe you also won a cue from the same seller around the same time, is this also a Bennett cue?

I just had a check on the seller's account, his positive feedback from Space147 seem to have disappeared, did he changed his ebay ID? There is two feedback from smithandhunter?

Comment

Originally Posted by Crucible
          I believe you also won a cue from the same seller around the same time, is this also a Bennett cue?

I just had a check on the seller's account, his positive feedback from Space147 seem to have disappeared, did he changed his ebay ID? There is two feedback from smithandhunter?
          smith and hunter is dave smith and andy hunter - cue collectors who may have bid on behalf of space147
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Hi Guys,
            Newbie to the forum..Looking for an opinion on a cue that I have had for donkeys years. I will describe the best I can and list photos on Sathurday if anyone is interested to see them. Cant say what type of wood it is but deep in colour and heavily grained the butt is black in colour which continues up the butt into an four arc's. It has a green splice insert and a round green badge with an inscription in black writing 'BURROUGHES & WATTS - THE MASCOT CUE', any information would be appreciated...is it scarce, rare or worthless, has been damaged in the past and referruled.
            I have a second one of these I think, it has no badge or any marking to the maker but it looks very similiar.....would list photos if there is any interest. Apoligies for been so vague but I have'nt a clue about cues but have very good memories from my playing days,
            Kind Regards

Comment

Hi Craig,
              Looking for some information please. I have a Burroughes & Watts cue and would like to know anything about it that you can tell me. I will try to describe the best I can....Cant say what wood it is made out off but it is heavily grained dark wood with a black butt which goes into four rounded arc's with a green splice in the butt. It has a round green badge with the following inscription in black writing 'BURROUGHES & WATTS - THE MASCOT CUE.
              Apoligies for been so vague but I dont know much about cues. I have had this since my youth and have no interest in selling it yet but I would like to know if it is scarce, rare or worthless. I would send you photos iff you were interested at the weekend,
              Kind Regards

Comment

think it would do will on ebay over 200 havent seen many on ebay yours sounds like the first edition

Comment

Hi Gary,
                  Thanks for the information....I have added a picture...not the best I admit but I can add a clearer picture tommorow if required....let me know what you think please.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by jack2007; 1 August 2008, 10:07 PM.

Comment

not that rare but pretty collectable - should do £150-£250 on ebay there has not been one for a while.
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                    X