No announcement yet.

Reasonably Priced Quality Maple Queue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reasonably Priced Quality Maple Queue?

Hi all,

I am in search of a nice quality maple cue as I love the smooth feel of them. I am living in Ireland so am hoping to find a cue on a british online store maybe. I cannot seem to find many maple cues however (why is this so?). I cannot find one peradon cue that is maple on any of the stores listed on this site.

Any hints on what I should be looking for in a cue, any particularly decent cues that are not super expensive?

Cheers, great forum btw

Hi,
    Here is a cue that might be of interest to you.

http://www.dunns-cues.com/pics/G-105/gallery2.html

http://www.dunns-cues.com/snooker%20...20SeriesG.html

http://www.dunns-cues.com/snooker%20...-%20G-101.html

The website is on-going as it says Nov 2007. You should look for a cue that is well balanced, straight, well tapered, and good wood quality.
    All the best with your search.

Comment

what sort of money do you call reasonable?
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

i think is better for the thread starter to list out his budget.

reasonable is very subjective, it depends on how much a person value a cue and his willingness to pay for a cue.

Comment

Your absolutely right. Well with an xmas donation from herself of around £50 and maybe $100 from myself, i suppose i would be in the 150 to 200 pounds range. I have read many articles and watched a few videos claiming not to spend anywhere near this amount for a good cue.

Is there really a difference in these expensive cues. Any recommendations?

Comment

Originally Posted by mark007
            Your absolutely right. Well with an xmas donation from herself of around £50 and maybe $100 from myself, i suppose i would be in the 150 to 200 pounds range. I have read many articles and watched a few videos claiming not to spend anywhere near this amount for a good cue.

Is there really a difference in these expensive cues. Any recommendations?
            like most things in life - you do get what you pay for! in this budget i would have a mastercue or a craftsman.

Comment

Originally Posted by mark007
              Hi all,

I am in search of a nice quality maple cue as I love the smooth feel of them. I am living in Ireland so am hoping to find a cue on a british online store maybe. I cannot seem to find many maple cues however (why is this so?). I cannot find one peradon cue that is maple on any of the stores listed on this site.

Any hints on what I should be looking for in a cue, any particularly decent cues that are not super expensive?

Cheers, great forum btw
              if you have an idea of length weight tip size hand / machine spliced try an auction or do have an old maple 57inch 170z perfectly straight 9mil tip made by albert monkhouse of oldham . i am trying to find more details of the manufacturer small used marks dont effect the playing of the cue happy to discuss with you

Comment

Maple cue

Hi,
                Just for your info, a similar maple cue discussed above:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-piece-Maple-sn...QQcmdZViewItem

Sounds quite a good deal if you can buy it at 50quid at the last minute.

Comment

Dunn is a new name to me so I can't advise.

However looking at the image of the cue and the fact the seller is in Hong Kong, I would say it's either made in China or Thailand

If it's Thailand then it should be OK for £50

Email seller and ask where it's made

Comment

Originally Posted by BITTER
                    Dunn is a new name to me so I can't advise.

However looking at the image of the cue and the fact the seller is in Hong Kong, I would say it's either made in China or Thailand

If it's Thailand then it should be OK for £50

Email seller and ask where it's made
                    I think CUE can answer to that, because he is the one who have made that cue (or his company).

And he is new name in business, just like you BITTER, dont know yet his quality, but have been co-operating with him, and I think his cues are made in UK, is that right John?

And, you cant know what the price is, before you bid.

Comment

Originally Posted by Piruz
                      I think CUE can answer to that, because he is the one who have made that cue (or his company).

And he is new name in business, just like you BITTER, dont know yet his quality, but have been co-operating with him, and I think his cues are made in UK, is that right John?

And, you cant know what the price is, before you bid.
                      bitter is not new to this business. - i would be VERY suprised if those cues were made in the uk. aside from anything else the cost of making them here would not be covered by the £50-£60 mentioned in the advert the total cost of materials and skilled labour here for a multi spliced cue like that, it just does not add up.

Comment

Hi,
                        Thank you Piruz for introducing me to the scene. I am not exactly sure if this forum is supposed to be used for advertising so I have sent Piruz private messages for cues if he is interested.
                        And to clarify, the cues i introduced are made in Thailand, I have close contact with the manufacturers to make cues to exact spec I want. I have a keen interest in snooker and recently got into cues as a part-timer, I do not have large range of cues, but i pick manufacturers that can make cues similar to other top brands in Thailand. And by the way my name is John, and my partner Vernon in Hong Kong is helping me co-ordinating things.
                        But they are not as cheap as expected; the one in ebay is actually on discount and i am not gaining profit from it, but to let the winner to have a taste of what its like and hopefully can get some recognitions.
                        So, my objective is to offer an alternative choice of budget cues to the public, and as a keen snooker player myself, i will make sure the cues are of the right quality and the right price.
                        Thanks, hope this has clarified things a bit.......and hopefully can exchange some knowledge with so many respectable cue-makers here.

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue
                          Hi,
                          Thank you Piruz for introducing me to the scene. I am not exactly sure if this forum is supposed to be used for advertising so I have sent Piruz private messages for cues if he is interested.
                          And to clarify, the cues i introduced are made in Thailand, I have close contact with the manufacturers to make cues to exact spec I want. I have a keen interest in snooker and recently got into cues as a part-timer, I do not have large range of cues, but i pick manufacturers that can make cues similar to other top brands in Thailand. And by the way my name is John, and my partner Vernon in Hong Kong is helping me co-ordinating things.
                          But they are not as cheap as expected; the one in ebay is actually on discount and i am not gaining profit from it, but to let the winner to have a taste of what its like and hopefully can get some recognitions.
                          So, my objective is to offer an alternative choice of budget cues to the public, and as a keen snooker player myself, i will make sure the cues are of the right quality and the right price.
                          Thanks, hope this has clarified things a bit.......and hopefully can exchange some knowledge with so many respectable cue-makers here.
                          i know its a bit cheeky but can you tell me who made it because it will save me ordering one to find out!

Comment

Sorry mate, due to business reason I really cannot inform you. But its a bit of a sacrification just to buy a cue to find out who made it.....i don't think you have it before.

Comment

i bet i could make a good guess!

Comment

Working...
                              X