Cheap starter cue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

I'm in a similar position as George with an initial budget of £50.

However, after reading this thread I'm starting to think that it would be a better idea to go for a decent cue such as the Craftsmen Panther (£120). My thinking is that it will keep its value a lot longer if I were to sell it on in a couple of years.

Is there a great difference between a £20 and £120 cue for a novice? I used to play a lot as a young lad and have recently joined a club again with a few mates and am playing a couple of times a week.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

If you can either get to craftmans in Kippax near Leeds or email em they might have something in the 50 pound range, not a new cue, maybe second hand or a 'cut and shut' cue.

My brother was in the same position , went to craftsmans and got a cue for around 50 pounds, it was an old one piece cue, 1920'ish hand spliced butt which had been married to a new craftsman shaft and converted to a 2 piece mid joint cue.

It was kind of nice and played well, he did however sell it to a friend (for more than he paid for it) and bought a parris later on.

Not much use if you're not in the north of england but might be information of use to somebody who is...

I would avoid the varnished 20-30 pound cues you see in Argos...

Mark

Comment

Thanks Bendy,

Unfortunately, I don't know anyone that lives anywhere north of Watford and I can't wait for something to appear on ebay.

I think I'm going to go for one of the Craftsman Cues unless anyone has a better option?

Does anyone have any of the first four cues on this page:
        http://www.craftsmancues.com/acatalo...ard_range.html?

If so, can you let me know what you think of them before I make the jump?

Comment

Hi! I finally got my Peradon Regal. I think it great for its price. Very nice balance, great joint, very good appearance, and not a 3/4 2pieces cue. That means a smaller case for me. I bought it from Biliards Boutique from ebay. Great seller! I made a mistake with my choise, and he sent me the right one after contacting him. If I had more money for a cue, I definately would buy the Peradon Royal, which is handmade.

Comment

Working...
          X