The quality of MA ML JX BJ...cues on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The quality of MA ML JX BJ...cues on ebay

I would like to ask if anyone has any experience with these very inexpensive snooker cues for sale on ebay now. Although they have different brand names, they all seem to be made in the same place.
    The pictures of these cues look really good, and they all come with both extensions and case. The location of the seller are either from Australia or Canada or Hong Kong, and the shipping is usually very high. The extension looks like the kind offered by Master cue.
    I am wondering if anyone know anything about these cues, and has any first hand experience to share.
    Thank you.
    www.AuroraCues.com

As you said, they are a cheap cue.

I have seen and used over a dozen of these cues over the last 12 months, and quality is quite variable. The top couple (1 JX and one MA) had beautiful close grain and chevrons (as good as some peradon cues I've seen), while the worst had very coarse uneven grain, with the shaft feeling uneven. The splicing isn't up to parr with an English made cue, but your not paying UK prices.

I'd say if you wanted a nice looking cue (some of the patterning is VERY nice), and are not too concerned with any resale value, give one a go. If it's not to your liking, use it as a traveller in the boot of your car, for those times when a game is unplanned (some of the my fondest memories are of unplanned play).

As regards postage costs, to us in Australia, they are a lot cheaper to get than having one couriered from the UK.

Daniel

Comment

Thank you Dan.
      How would you say is the playability of these cues.
      You know, the price of some of these cues are so low you can barely buy the extensions only with the money from other companies.
      It seems to me they were all the same cues regardless of the name, but different name plates were screwed on the butt for different companies.
      Thank you.
      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

i am very sure they are from mainland China, some of them have nice quality compared with the price, but the price on ebay was 2 expensive compared in China, esp if you add the postage from faraway

Comment

How much are these cues in China?
          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Just under a fiver for a cue, the same for the telescopic extensions and about 6.50 for an ali case. Mind you've got to buy a couple of hundred at a time to get that price then the air mail is about £20 a throw less if they are shipped of course and theres vat and import duty to add. So all in all £40-£45 off ebay for 1 is fair.

Cases and telescopic extensions are fine, the cues are pretty poorly made though quite playable.

Comment

I bought one for my pool team as a spare.

The main issues i had with the cue myself were that its slightly short at 57", on the heavy side (190z) and slightly butt heavy balance wise (just under 16"). Its also finished with some kind varnish finish not oil (must be quicker way to fill/seal etc). Apart from that, it did hit the ball OK.

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                How much are these cues in China?
                normally below 50 pound, but it depends on the material they use for the cue, and also, on ebay, you can not judge whether it was a good cue only by the pic they listed.

Comment

i had one they are quite good for the price

Comment

As people have said, the hit is quite good for most.

The first thing to do is put a new tip on it, as the starting one is a piece of Cr@#. Also be warned that if you are a hard hitter, the ferrule may need replacing sooner rather than later. One bloke I now had problems after a month of use, but now that the ferrule has been changed, no problems.

The new telescopic extension they have is much superior to the old one. It is now a turned tube of aluminum including the tightening screw, and hasn't got any of the movement in it that was a problem with the old one that had a blue plastic top.

As regards price, if you are patient you can get one delivered for under $100Aus (about 40pound). Just wait your turn, as there are usually a dozen or more for sale each week.

Daniel

Comment

Working...
                    X