Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just before buying a new cue (~£120)

Hi All,

I'm just before buying a new cue; my plan is to by it this weekend so I will appreciate yours quick response. My budget is about £120.
    I read all the posts here in this forum regarding a new cue in this price range and still I want to consult with you regarding the best options for me:

Currently I'm leaning towards the Panther cue by Craftsman (£130 includes the delivery cost)
    http://www.craftsmancues.com/acatalo...ard_range.html

The second option is one of the handmade cues by Welsh Pool Trading (£100 includes the delivery cost)

http://www.welshpooltrading.co.uk/

I did not found much opinions about Welsh Pool trading cues – How is it compare the Craftsman?

My second question is regarding the tip size. I'm a beginner (play twice a week) and I wand to improve my performance. Till now I only play with the cues in the snooker club which has a 10mm tip size. I think that now it is good for me a 9.5 mm tip size but I do not want to limit my self in the future and be able to play with 9mm tip. So, want do you recommend me do order?

Thanks in advance.

I'd go with Craftsman to be honest. Very good value for money.

Tip size is up to you really but I get the feeling that an average tip size for snooker would be around 9.5, leaning more towards 10 than 9. Personally as a pool player I find a 10mm tip a bit like playing with a fruit pastel though.

Comment

I have welshpooltradings powell traditional cue, and it has very good quality ash shaft, although butt isnt the best I have seen. I havent seen any mastercraft cues, so I cant compare them.

Comment

Have a look at Cue Craft as well.

I use a Mastercraft Emerald Gem and previously a Black Prince and they are both cracking cues and would recommend them to anyone and they are a very understanding and friendly company to deal with.

If you want to know just PM or e-mail me.
        Justin - The Cue Store - Handmade and Bespoke Cues, Bespoke Fibreglass Cue Cases, Accessories.
        Website - The Cue Store - E-mail - sales@thecuestore.co.uk - Tel - 01892 882787
        Skype - thecuestore1 - Whatsapp - 07810 635004
        Facebook - Like The Cue Store - Twitter - Follow The Cue Store

Comment

I'd go for the Welsh Pool one.

LOL

Comment

Paul Hi,

I already have choosen the Welsh Walnut model of yours Welsh Pool trading.

Thanks for the Patient and cooperative - Can not wait to try it . .

As we discussed - tip size will be 9.5mm

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X