Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is a better cue parris, trevors, peradon ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
    i think that is from parris's website.
    it is in the gallery on Parris' website.

Comment

Originally Posted by sunny3909 View Post
      Totally agree with Andrew, Parris takes ages to make a cue.

Well, at least he's upfront with it -- he quoted me 14 weeks for my second cue, and adding that "it might take longer since it's over the Xmas". Yea, that's "ages" to some, but not for me -- I'd rather wait and get something I adore than live with a run of the mill item, (and that includes GF's ;^) But then again, we are all different.

-- peer

Comment

Even after waiting for 14+ weeks u are not guaranteed that u will have a cue of the highest quality as lot of members here have found out in the past.
        My deep screw shot
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

[QUOTE=Peer;281367]Well, at least he's upfront with it -- he quoted me 14 weeks for my second cue, and adding that "it might take longer since it's over the Xmas". Yea, that's "ages" to some, but not for me -- I'd rather wait and get something I adore than live with a run of the mill item, (and that includes GF's ;^) But then again, we are all different.

There are so many good cuemakers nowadays[Woolridge,Trevor white,Osbourne,Stamford] and I am sure that u can get a cue from them much sooner than parris,waiting so long for the cue is wasting u r precious time bcoz u can invest this time into getting used to the new cue as it takes time to get used to a new piece of wood.
          Plz mind I am not biased towards any cuemaker.
          My deep screw shot
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

Originally Posted by sunny3909 View Post
            waiting so long for the cue is wasting u r precious time bcoz u can invest this time into getting used to the new cue as it takes time to get used to a new piece of wood.
            As I said, and quoting myself "I'd rather wait and get something I adore than live with a run of the mill item, (and that includes GF's ;^) But then again, we are all different."

-- peer

Comment

its not the time that would worry me its the hit and miss results.
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

its not the time that would worry me its the hit and miss results.

As a foreigner, and hence not too prolific in English, I can't comprehend what you're saying here. Sorry.

-- peer

Comment

just because you wait it is not sure the cue will be perfect.

Comment

just because you wait it is not sure the cue will be perfect.
                    Okay, I now see what you are saying. So yes, (and to repeat myself), if I had the option to get a cue quickly that I suspected wouldn't make me too happy, compared to a cue that I had to wait for "forever" but perhaps would make me happy with forever -- I would think I'd go for the latter. But again, people are different, and I accept that.

-- peer
                    Last edited by Peer; 24 December 2007, 07:04 PM.

Comment

I don't think you've made a bad choice Peer, you are very likely to get an excellent cue, J.P doesn't have a good reputation for nothing.

Having said that, numerous people have commented of late that the quality of JP cues has become increasingly variable, this is something I can't comment on too much personally.

I'm sure you will be happy with the cue when it comes and at the end of the day, 'hand made anything' usually means a wait of some sort or another, sometimes more, sometimes less.

I'm pretty certain that everyone here hopes you get a great cue, and, that you feel it was well worth the wait and the price.

Good luck with it.

Comment

I am not sure with that wait

I mean if you are paying full price for the cue and a regular wait time is 6-8 weeks MAX then why 14weeks ????? thats too much to wait for and a handsome price for it as well , just does not make any sense to me, but like peer said everyones different and peer sure is lol
                        Long Live Ronnie

Comment

Originally Posted by trevs1 View Post
                          I'm pretty certain that everyone here hopes you get a great cue, and, that you feel it was well worth the wait and the price. Good luck with it.
                          Oh, thank you. As I said earlier (in a different thread) this custom Parris is my second one. The first one that I got I'm very happy with, and having a few talks with John on the phone, I'm quite confident that the second one will be too... although I sent him a Uniloc joint and gave him a very strict spec for the cue ;^) But since he seems like a cool camper, I'll suspect he'll make something that I'd be happy with. By the way, my mom told me that this cue will cover as my Christmas present. She and my dad are the coolest:
                          http://ccrma.stanford.edu/~peer/parents.html

-- peer
                          Last edited by Peer; 24 December 2007, 07:29 PM.

Comment

actually the wait is not that bad - i once waited nearly 2 years for an andy bream cue.

Comment

joke

I was not trying to sound mean there peer, just a joke
                              Long Live Ronnie

Comment

Working...
                              X