Cue brands among the top 16?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    I believe he used to use a cue from the cue doctor Gary Taylor but I'm not 100% on that. He used to have a logo on his waistcoat for their cues in the past but I think he changed cue about 2 years ago so I'm not so sure now.
    yes it was a micky taylor cue and gary made the replacement.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I know this post is a bit old, bit I'm very interested in snooker cues and I have an idea about which cues some top 16 players use, but I would like to know more. Correct me and give me some information

Ronnie O'Sullivan - John Parris Traditional 1 piece
      Stephen Maguire - 1 piece cue in light ash and ebony; brand ?
      Shaun Murphy - Very old 1 piece cue from the 1930s in ash, ebony and walnut
      John Higgins - 1 piece cue in ash and ebony; brand ?
      Ali Carter - old cue from Thurston cues; ?
      Ryan Day - 3/4 cue in ash, ebony and tulipwood; brand ?
      Mark Selby - 1 piece cue from Stamford Cuemakers in ash and ebony
      Marco Fu - ??
      Neil Robertson - 3/4 cue from an australian brand (Mitchell our something like that)
      Stephen Hendry - 3/4 Acuerate Legend cue in maple, ebony and walnut
      Mark Allen - 3/4 Hunt & Osborne cue in ash ebony and tulipwood
      Joe Perry - ??
      Ding Junhui - 1 piece cue from Stamford Cuemakers in ebony and ash
      Peter Ebdon - 1 piece cue from Stamford Cuemakers in ebony and ash
      Mark Williams - 3/4 machine spliced cue from Mastercue, with a very long butt (total contrast to Ken Doherty's cue which is also a ash/ebony machine spliced cue from Mastercue but with a very small butt which looks more like a mini butt extension)
      Mark King - ??
      The world's finest doubler

Comment

Is Ebdons a Stamford? I thought Ebdon used an old machine spliced rack cue.

His case comes from Stamford but I didn't think his cue did
        sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Originally Posted by joao_hendryfan View Post
          I know this post is a bit old, bit I'm very interested in snooker cues and I have an idea about which cues some top 16 players use, but I would like to know more. Correct me and give me some information

Stephen Maguire - 1 piece cue in light ash and ebony; brand ?
          Shaun Murphy - Very old 1 piece cue from the 1930s in ash, ebony and walnut
          John Higgins - 1 piece cue in ash and ebony; brand ?
          Ali Carter - old cue from Thurston cues; ?
          Ryan Day - 3/4 cue in ash, ebony and tulipwood; brand ?
          Marco Fu - ??
          Neil Robertson - 3/4 cue from an australian brand (Mitchell our something like that)
          Mark Allen - 3/4 Hunt & Osborne cue in ash ebony and tulipwood
          Joe Perry - ??
          Peter Ebdon - 1 piece cue from Stamford Cuemakers in ebony and ash
          Mark Williams - 3/4 machine spliced cue from Mastercue, with a very long butt (total contrast to Ken Doherty's cue which is also a ash/ebony machine spliced cue from Mastercue but with a very small butt which looks more like a mini butt extension)
          Mark King - ??
          totally wrong......................

Stephen Maguire - maple cue either from trevor who bilt him one or JP he has been using both i am told
          Shaun Murphy - a tom newman 1370 lengthened by rodney hind.
          John Higgins - 1 piece cue in ash and ebony north west cues kevin muncaster
          Ali Carter - was an old thurstons - i am currently on the look out for a new cue for him.
          Ryan Day - 3/4 cue in ash, ebony and tulipwood trevor white
          Marco Fu - old growth maple butterfly from kevin deroo
          Neil Robertson - parris classic that belonged to his father lengthened by peter hanley of australia
          Mark Allen - mastercue i am told
          Joe Perry - ??
          Peter Ebdon - 1 piece dufferin cue
          Mark Williams - 3/4 parris cue
          Mark King - ??
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Selby's is ash and ebony with 4 macassar ebony splices over blue veneers.
            Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Anyone know what Stephen Lee uses?

Comment

Think it's JP. not sure though.
                Proud winner of the 2009 Premier League Semi-Final Prediction Contest

Comment

Mark King is just an old Joe Davis 147 cue without the badge as he's had a few alterations.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                    totally wrong......................

Stephen Maguire - maple cue either from trevor who bilt him one or JP he has been using both i am told
                    Shaun Murphy - a tom newman 1370 lengthened by rodney hind.
                    John Higgins - 1 piece cue in ash and ebony north west cues kevin muncaster
                    Ali Carter - was an old thurstons - i am currently on the look out for a new cue for him.
                    Ryan Day - 3/4 cue in ash, ebony and tulipwood trevor white
                    Marco Fu - old growth maple butterfly from kevin deroo
                    Neil Robertson - parris classic that belonged to his father lengthened by peter hanley of australia
                    Mark Allen - mastercue i am told
                    Joe Perry - ??
                    Peter Ebdon - 1 piece dufferin cue
                    Mark Williams - 3/4 parris cue
                    Mark King - ??
                    Totally wrong ?? lol

Comment

I know he is not in the 16, but I think he maybe there soon is Jamie Cope. What does he use? I ask becasue I was watching a frame between him and Higgins and Cope needed to use his extension. Unlike most extension where you just screw it into the butt, Cope had to unscrew his butt and add another (longer) butt onto the shaft. Add to that, he actually places his case under the table rather than bring just the butt and extension.

Comment

There are various extensions and this is not a particular case. Jamie's cue is a 3/4 Tony Wilshaw in and ash and ebony.

Comment

I know, but with all these minor movements in quick lock and one click joints, its suprising that he doesn't use something more traditional.

Comment

Originally Posted by mchpddl1 View Post
                            I am not a fan of parris cues as i am not happy with their joints. it became lose after a year of play, wood ebony was expanded and they never reply my emails, so not great service.

The link is

http://www.parris-cues.co.uk/home.html
                            if this is true, that's bad. or they love to talk to professionals and not amateur like us ?
                            It's in the Shaft

Comment

I think this is nonsense. Parris offer great service I have bought numerous cues from them and to say they don't respond is bull@@@@

They don't treat a person any different pro or not. If I have had a problem or wanted an alteration or something they have always been very very good. I find it amazing that people slag them off on here because they are outstanding in every sense, a proper cue makers. Indeed Parris are one of the best in the world for cues and for service in my book.

Comment

Originally Posted by 1lawyer View Post
                                I think this is nonsense. Parris offer great service I have bought numerous cues from them and to say they don't respond is bull@@@@

They don't treat a person any different pro or not. If I have had a problem or wanted an alteration or something they have always been very very good. I find it amazing that people slag them off on here because they are outstanding in every sense, a proper cue makers. Indeed Parris are one of the best in the world for cues and for service in my book.
                                i do second with some of what your saying, but i also wouldnt think that forum members will "lie" in saying that they got rubbish service. however from my experience, in a service point of view, ive never had a problem with parris cues. everytime ive been to his workshop, he offers me advice and has helped me out in making alterations to a previous cue i had been using. he doesnt have much to say but when i seeked help, he was very honest and even offered to make further alterations if the ones he were going to make didnt suit me.

to be honest, it doesnt get much better than that. on that basis i give him 5*

Comment

Working...
                                X