No announcement yet.

Cue brands among the top 16?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not as far as i know, although dominic told me parris game him one a few months ago - if only these players would keep using the same cue it would make life easier for us eh!
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by oselifer View Post
      In John parris site there is a banner saying
      " Congratulations to Ronnie O'Sullivan and Stephen Maguire both using Parris Cues in the final of the 2007 UK Championship"

So Maguire is currently using a Parris cue..

I think Trevor might have something to say about that. I'm pretty sure Trevor made Maguire the cue he is using now, I could be wrong but I think I remember him posting something on here last year.

I wonder whether Trevor can clear this up and whether or not he would do something about the claim from Parris if of course its found out that this is not fact.

Comment

Just had an e-mail linking to this thread and have just read through some of it.

I couldn't say what Stephen is using presently, it could be anything I guess.
        As ADR said, some players we know of do change cues from time to time, so keeping track of what they use at any given moment can prove tricky.

For me personally, I can't say I'm overly concerned what player uses what cue, although I am all too aware (as is John Parris) of what effect it has on the general public type players , in seeing professional players using either this cue or that.

All I can say is I wish Stephen the best of luck in all events, whatever cue he is using, be it the one I built him, or any other.

Comment

the best example of this nuttiness is when 3 days after winning in china with a parris cue he was given dominic dale was e-mailing me after a cue i had for sale, for the rest of us had we just won a comp with it it would be our cue for ever!

Comment

It hasn't been this way before, right? I was told most players in the "good old day" would keep the cues they liked, and never changed them until they are broken. Sometimes, even if they were broken, they would still try to fix them before thinking of getting another cues. At least that is what I think happened. Is that true?
            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

that was traditionally the case yes but now they change more plus they travel a lot so they get damaged more often.

Comment

Thank you.
                I can see if a cue is broken and it has to be replaced.
                But from reading the above cases it appears that they are changing their cues even when they are not broken--and when they are winning tournaments with them. I can see a player wanting to change a cue after he lost a tournament, but even after winning major championship?
                I would think a player of such high caliber would know exactly what he likes in a cue. Then why can't he just have one custom built, and stick with it? Changing cues so often kind of sends the message that one is not completely happy with what one has, or perhpas it is just a trendy thing to do because they can get their cues for free?
                www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

There are some players who stick with their one and only, others who like to change their cue. Aside from that there are advertising contracts.

Comment

He needs to switch or something lol
                    Long Live Ronnie

Comment

Didn't Hendry stop using an Acuerate cue??

Is it worth listing the rest of the top 32.

Comment

Originally Posted by gingerale View Post
                        There are some players who stick with their one and only, others who like to change their cue. Aside from that there are advertising contracts.
                        the contracts are all with riley and bce etc - none of the players use these cues!

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                          the contracts are all with riley and bce etc - none of the players use these cues!
                          Steve Davis used last year and maybe this year too a cue that wrote riley in it...Wasn't that a riley?

Comment

I think steve davis uses a parris classic or ambassador? adr147 will know
                            Rocket Ronnie Rules!!!

Comment

I remember seeing this "riley"-logo on Steve Davis' cue es well.

Ian McCulloch plays a cue where the butt is a riley and the shaft is a Northwest

Comment

Originally Posted by oselifer View Post
                                Steve Davis used last year and maybe this year too a cue that wrote riley in it...Wasn't that a riley?
                                No it isn't. If he didn't change it recently, he's using a Burroughes & Watts Ye Olde Ash Cue that has been jointed by John Parris. You can use the forum search to find a few threads where Davis's cue gets discussed at lenght. The Riley badge means no intel inside.
                                Last edited by gingerale; 8 January 2008, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X