Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted: Book Or Dvd Instructing How To Make Cues ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: Book Or Dvd Instructing How To Make Cues ?

Hi everyone

Has anybody ever seen a DVD or Book which would help me get started on cue making ?

I am after something which would cover tools used , splicing etc.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

thankyou

To be honest, you would be very lucky to find a Snooker cue making book or DVD that is resonably up to date. If you found one, it would probably be about American Pool cues.

If you are interested in cue making, the best bet would be to go and ask Peradon, they are very experienced. Or you could start a thread in the 'Cues' section and ADR147, trevs1, kieth auld and mikewooldridge could answer you. Andrew Ramsay, Trevor White, Kieth Auld and Mike Wooldridge are all cue experts/makers and they are members on this forum, they could give you information to get started.

They probably have a lot of work on but they could probably help, the four names that I have mentioned above can help and also can others, the ones above are ones i've suddenly thought of but other know a lot too. But make sure it is correct information!

I mentioned Peradon to go and ask because the are a big company, with just a cue maker working on his own, it is a bit difficult to arrange a date to see him. With a bigger company, different people do different jobs.

www.internationalcuemakers.com
    www.peradon.co.uk
    www.handmadecues.com
    www.parriscues.com
    www.maximumbreak.com
    www.mastercue.th.com
    www.mastercraft-cues.co.uk

Above are some cue websites, you may know about most of them.
    Last edited by bongo; 21 December 2007, 10:42 AM. Reason: .co.uk not .com on mastercraft cues web

Comment

Working...
    X