Gravity Cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by trevs1 View Post
    The gravity cue is just another cue with an off centre weight, no more and no less.

Any cue could be made like this, and in fact, some are, though not intentionally.

The arm of a player is just far too strong to be affected by such a ridiulcous concept as the gravity cue. I've said this before somewhere else I know, but if anyone wants to try this idea out, tape a thin strip of lead (about 2" to 3" long) along one side (lengthwise) of the butt of your cue where your grip is when cueing. As long as you ensure the weighted side of the butt faces down to the floor when you are cueing, it will give you exactly the same effect as the gravity cue would.

I don't like to be dismissive of anything or anyone...but...It counts for absolutely nothing
    Hi Trevs1
    I toyed with the idea of getting one of these cues but for a different reason from what they were being advertised for,
    The reason being that I found that when I was playing well and buzzing I had a tendency to spin the cue around in my hand while on the shot, I found that if I was playing with a bent cue, when playing pool in my local, that I would spin the cue around and would automatically stop at the point were the bend was facing down to the table (I hope your following this). Of course I didn't want to buy a cue with a bend in it So I thought that if the cue had weight bias on the bottom half of the cue, it should have the same effect. Now as I like playing with the chevrons facing up I thought if the cue was biased at the bottom. I would automatically spin the cue and stop at the point where the chevrons were where I wanted them, without having to even think about this part of the game. But I decided in the end to stick with what proven. Hence putting in an order for a new cue with your self.
    Sorry if this sounds like a load of old tosh, just wanted to share my thoughts.
    :snooker::snooker::snooker::snooker::snooker:

Ps, I would like to try one all the same, but as stated they are not widely available, and when making enquirys I was told the nearest stockest to me was the sheffield snooker centre. To far for me to travell
    Last edited by cazmac1; 30 January 2010, 10:27 PM.

Comment

I really like the idea of the 360.

I think it is quite innovative, and could be quite helpful. It is really hard to imagine what it can really do without trying it out. But I think I can see the benefits in my mind, and it sounds very good. I believe it can help a player to pull his back arm level and straight, with a proper grip finger pressure. I am sure if you hold the cue too tight or have a jerky cueing action you cannot pot a ball with the 360.

About the gravity cue, I am not too sure. I just dont like cues made by Peradon, plus what if I attach a long piece of lead tape to the bottom of my cue, is that going to have the same effect? I would rather play with a cue that I like, rather than buy a cue made by Peradon, if attaching a lead tape would give me the same benefit...

I am not trying to knock this, and I think most people are not. When a new product comes out, it takes a lot of efforts to educate the public, in order to convince them of its merits. Without that, even if the product is brilliant, it will usually be preceived as a gimmick or snake oil or whatever you like to call it.

When a new product comes out, it takes lots of marketing effort to introduce it-- pro endorsements, free samples...the bottom line is if you do not explain your concept well enough for the public to visualize a very easy to understand and preceived benefit--without any opinion leader giving endorsement, without samples out there for the public to try--there is bound to be lots of misunderstanding.

Rather than making an active effort to find out more about the product, consumers would likely ignore or dismiss it. It is not to say that the product is bad; it is just that consumers are lazy and there are lots of products out there to compete for their attentions.

It is almost impossible to expect anyone to see this cue and watch a short video and understand the concept right away. If you read the response you will notice that most people are not convinced becasue they cannot understand it, as they (myself included) fail to see any envidence or logical explaination that is convincing enough for the consumers to say, "wow, this makes lots of sense. This is exactly what I have been looking for."
      Last edited by poolqjunkie; 30 January 2010, 10:37 PM.
      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

I am a very Average player, I can manage the odd 40-50break at snooker and a similar standard at billiards. I recently decided to seek coaching and approached John Inglby an EABA coach.

He had a 360 cue with the bendy bit. Quite stunning how difficult it was to even hit a ball. After 30minutes I managed to hit the ball down the spots. 3 hours with changes to my stance grip and head position I managed to hit the ball very well nearly 9 out 10 times.

I also tried the gravity cue. It was strange compared to my cue although heavy it felt light, compared to my cue but I now understand how it helps just steady the shot and makes you focus on the follow through. These are simply interesting tools to help and demonstrate bad cueing. A good coach starting someone off from scratch may be able to sort this out with these tools but they were certainly useful for someone like me who had 25 years of bad habits to overcome.

Comment

Has anyone got a second hand 360gravity cue for sale ??

Comment

Is there a thread which explains exactly what a gravity cue and a 360 cue are please?
            王可

Comment

Originally Posted by philip in china View Post
              Is there a thread which explains exactly what a gravity cue and a 360 cue are please?
              Some videos here, plus Q & A - all you need to ever know
              http://www.gravitycue.com/default.aspx

Comment

I was interested in the gravity cue and the accurate, but both of these cue's are not easy to obtain. Their is no way that I would buy an experimental cue without trying it first. The makers of these cue's need to do more to promote there product and get them in to clubs and shops where people can try before they buy.

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
                  I was interested in the gravity cue and the accurate, but both of these cue's are not easy to obtain. Their is no way that I would buy an experimental cue without trying it first. The makers of these cue's need to do more to promote there product and get them in to clubs and shops where people can try before they buy.
                  I'd very much like to try a 360 .. any coaches out there in the South London area with one? I'll gladly come for a lesson
                  "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
                  - Linus Pauling

Comment

this probably works and is very good tec but unless your trying to trun pro and got troble with cue action just buy a normal cue as there are lots of things you can do to improve your cueing

Comment

Originally Posted by iancafc View Post
                      this probably works and is very good tec but unless your trying to trun pro and got troble with cue action just buy a normal cue as there are lots of things you can do to improve your cueing
                      Yeah? Like what? I am not turning pro but I want to improve my cueing, and I want to do it in the most efficient/useful way possible. I've tried all the drills I know i.e. cueing on the baulk line, playing the spots, potting blue to side with top, playing long blues to corner with top etc..
                      "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
                      - Linus Pauling

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
                        Hi cazmac1

Our company are now mass producing the 360 and are in the process of building on retailers (including club retailers) where (in most cases) you will be able to try first.

The Gravity Cue will be at the mass produced stage in a few months but you can try the Peradon version before you buy at Thurston's in Liverpool.
                        Neil Johnson
                        Technical Development Director
                        www.gravitycue.com

Comment

Originally Posted by nrage View Post
                          I'd very much like to try a 360 .. any coaches out there in the South London area with one? I'll gladly come for a lesson
                          Hi nrage

The closest coach to you I can think of who has a 360 is Nic Barrow. He currently has one of the old models but is due to receive the latest one in the next week or two.
                          Neil Johnson
                          Technical Development Director
                          www.gravitycue.com

Comment

Hi there!

I'm from Malaysia and I plan to fly to Sheffield
                            for the WSC 2011 finals.

Besides attending the finals, I'm also interested
                            to purchase the gravity cue. The only problem
                            is shipping as I need to time it to be delivered
                            to my hotel before I fly back home.

Neil, if you're reading this, could you drop me a PM/email
                            and suggest ways I can get the cue.

Maybe we can meet up in Sheffield during the WSC
                            or something?

Cheers!
                            Jim

Comment

hi i got a 360 cue of neil last year after using it at the cue zone and was very impressed with it .it makes you cue very smooth and slows your arm down it also makes you cue very flat to the table and stops you from arking your arm as the cue would bend and show any fault in your action my highest break with the 360 is 68 it plays like a cue as long as you cue smooth .

Comment

How would it work for players that drop their elbow .

Comment

Working...
                                X