Cue prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue prices

If there was a new cue shop to pop up on the internet offering starter and intermediate cues what prices would you expect to pay?

So lets say you are just starting out playing snooker and you want a good cue but do not want to pay the earth and get a Cuecraft or a player branded cue, what sort of price would you pay?

£20
    £30
    £40
    £50

Lets say you have been playing for a few years and want to upgrade your original cue to something again a little better but still not go the the lengh of getting a MW, TW or JP cue, what would you be looking at paying?

And my final question, what price do you think is reasonable for a player branded cue? (note that the players themselfes have probably had no input to how the cues are made, all they have done is put their signature on them)

I think most players start off with intermediate or beginner style cues, I was no exception. I think my first cue was about £30 bought it from Argos when they just started selling some half decent powerglide cues.

After about 18 months I decided that I was improving a fair bit but that I was never really happy with the cue so I went to a local sports shop and bought a really nice Powerglide machine spliced cue with a good quality ash shaft. I think I paid £75 for that and it served me well and my game improved to regular 40-50 breaks.

Another 2 years on and I was earning good money and decided to go out for the best cue around and bought a Parris cue and I still use the same cue to this day, 11 years on! That cost me £250 back then, cue today would be near enough £400.

I know its slightly off topic but I just thought I would show what prices I was prepared to pay for similar type cues you enquired about.
    I think a good price for a branded cue would be between £25-£50 depending on quality of shaft and materials.

Comment

Thats good this is the info I am looking for

Personaly I had always used the clubs cues but when I did go out and get my own cue I spent £95 on a black Riley graphite cue and £165 on a Cuecraft cue oh and £80 on a dark metal case.

Done me well till they got nicked

Comment

hehe with the way you spend money mate you need to give me a bell before your next purchase?
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

you need to research carefully the cues before you put a players name on them, there is a really big difference in price between the poor and the better quality cheaper cues. much bigger than the differences between the top makers.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
          X