Hendry reunited????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hendry reunited????

I was watching the cue discussion last night at the interval. The commentator (forgotten his name) read out an email saying that some dude has one of those mass produced cues that Hendry owned just gathering dust in the house. The commentator said he'd pass it onto Hendry. What do you think about this? I know the cue wont be exact, but they were mass produced so there quality must be quite similar. I wonder if Hendry wanted it how much he'd have to pay for it?
    "Am too good not to win this tournament" - Stephen Hendry

Can't see Hendry being interested to be quite honest. There are loads of these cues knocking about, I'm pretty sure someone else offered him a similar cue last year.

I think he must have some agreement that he uses/endorses Acuerate cues, seeing as though he is working with Chris Henry, I can't see why else he is using one.

Comment

I know he was using an Acuerate at the world championship but I thought he'd changed again? Willie Thorne seems to think so as he's mentioned it a couple of times.

I do agree that, mass produced or not, another powerglide wouldn't be quite the same and wouldn't do his game any favours.

Comment

Yes i'm sure he started this season with a different cue than what he used for the world championship.
        I Love Snook!

Comment

Also, all these cues that people have had lying around for 10-15 years - they're all going to be warped!

Comment

I cannot understand why Hendry cannot get someone to custom make him a cue to the exact spec of his Powerglide? Is it really that difficult?
            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
              I cannot understand why Hendry cannot get someone to custom make him a cue to the exact spec of his Powerglide? Is it really that difficult?
              John Parris already made him up a replica of the powerglide cue some years back but Hendry wanted to try something different. The cue he had from Parris, the 3/4 plain ebony cue, I thought was good for Stephen. At least he won a few titles with it.

The problem with having a cue made to the same spec as a previous cue is, you are always going to be comparing it to your last cue and any dip in form and you are always likely to blame the cue, rather than yourself.

Comment

I though hendry's orignal cue had a huge bend in it.
                "Am too good not to win this tournament" - Stephen Hendry

Comment

Working...
                X