Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Parris???

yo guys,

have a good look at this auction on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/JOHN-PARRIS-T...QQcmdZViewItem

the font size of the logo words don't look right to me?

Originally Posted by wink View Post
    yo guys,

have a good look at this auction on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/JOHN-PARRIS-T...QQcmdZViewItem

the font size of the logo words don't look right to me?
    It looks fake to me.
    1) Traditional should be a 1 piece cue
    2) The badge doesn't look right.

It could be real
    1) he had previously put a joint in
    2) its got the yellow glue markings on the ebony splicing.
    Last edited by dottcom; 23 January 2008, 03:39 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by dottcom View Post
      It looks fake to me.
      1) Traditional should be a 1 piece cue
      2) The badge doesn't look right.

It could be real
      1) he had previously put a joint in
      2) its got the yellow glue markings on the ebony splicing.
      it looks strange to me too.

Thai made cues do have the glue markings too due to the glue / epoxy used.

Comment

Defo a fake!
        Rocket Ronnie Rules!!!

Comment

Parris did slightly alter the font used on their cue badges about 18 months ago, the John Parris looks right but the lettering used for Traditional looks a bit suspect.
          The joint looks dodgy, definitely not what Parris usually uses and finally the give away, the ovangkol single facing splice. It looks more like Padauk or maybe purple heart to me, the lighting isn't great on that photo.

Comment

Definately not an expert... but that doesn't look like Ovangkol on the front splice to me either.

Check out these pics for Ovangkol http://www.gilmerwood.com/boards_shedua_unique.htm

Ovangkol is also called figured shedua

Comment

Parris Cue

Dose not look anything like the one i have ??????

Comment

its is 100% a copy - a very good copy though looks better than some of the originals - the badge is the wrong colour people!
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

in my opinion its not a parris, but the shaft is better than what parris is knocking out today

Comment

Yes that's the wrong colour for Ovangkol, and the badge looks all wrong.
                    The mini butt is also wrong if you look close.

And yes they do turn out a very nice tight straight ash in Thailand.
                    Don't know where they get it but they are the best in the world at it.
                    Last edited by BITTER; 23 January 2008, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Doesn't John Parris's glue/epoxy kind of look reddish rather than yellowish? I agree the ash looks very tight ans straight.

The finish on this cue also looks very nice in the picture, but does not look like that on a regular John Parris. But it could be the lighting.

I see this seller also sell Master cue but it is very pricey. What is with that? A Mike Russell?
                      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Parris Cue, Mick Russell

I thought Dave Coutts and Robin cues looked after Mike Russell cues.

Comment

Well, on his other auction of the Mike Russell, he said that it was made by Master cue, and is better than Parris and so on. He did not list a reserve price but he said he would not sell the cue if the reserve is not met, and he also reserves the right to end the auction early.
                          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

But the real givaway is?

Hi folks,

The real givaway is where the name badge is set, it's set to high.

i've got an ambassador cue, and it's not set like that, plus the name traditional fonts are too thick.

Plus somebody said the colour of the disc is wrong he's right, mines a creamy white, not brillient white in colour.

Bye peeps

Comment

there are a few giveaways on this cue.(apart from whats been mentioned)

there is no purple glue line seperating the front splice and maple inlay.

also the word traditional normally stretches right across the badge.

i agree with adr147. it does look better than the original, and far superior ash.

it does go to show though. that designer names sell, as bidding is already at £135
                              with 5 days left.

maybe people don't care if its fake or not, as long as they can flash it off down the club.

Comment

Working...
                              X