• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can you email me JasonOwen gary@bushell576.fsnet.co.uk i will send pictures

Comment

JUST SENT pictures WILL TAKE MORE LATER

Comment

From purly a playing point of view, will you consider this a decent player as compared to Parris, White, Wooldridge, Glover, Hunt...etc.
        www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
          From purly a playing point of view, will you consider this a decent player as compared to Parris, White, Wooldridge, Glover, Hunt...etc.
          Imagine going for a long blue, giving it some Alex Higgins screw and hearing a crack, then on checking the ferrule on your 1st ed Ye olde ash cue you see the shaft has split by 4 inches.
          On the that basis I would much prefer a modern cue. You have to say youd have more confidence in a new cue. Plus I think the ash in shaft of a modern cue is going to be far more suited to the modern game.
          http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

Comment

Originally Posted by JasonOwen View Post
            Imagine going for a long blue, giving it some Alex Higgins screw and hearing a crack, then on checking the ferrule on your 1st ed Ye olde ash cue you see the shaft has split by 4 inches.
            On the that basis I would much prefer a modern cue. You have to say youd have more confidence in a new cue. Plus I think the ash in shaft of a modern cue is going to be far more suited to the modern game.
            This is exactly what happened to Neil Mosely, ex world amateur champ and then professional. I was talking to Neil a couple of months ago and he told me the story of his playing career. Apparantly Neil used to play with a Ye Old Ash cue and he had a 'party trick' where he used to pot a red near one of the black pockets from baulk and screw back into baulk!! Well, Neil told me that one day he did this and his cue made a funny noise and he just assumed that the ferrule was loose.....but eventually he removed the ferrule and discovered that his cue had split about 12in down from the tip. Neil said that was the end of his career, he never again played to the same standard and eventually packed in altogether. He now runs a chain of snooker clubs in the North-East.

Oldgit
            'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

thats sad, my cue searching disease came from my ye olde ash being stolen from a snooker hall, ant found a rite cue since

Comment

My addiction started when i was younger i was reading the cues n views website and read about the 1st edition ye olde ash, then my search started for rare and interesting cues, finally i got hold of one, im selling all my cues apart from my playing cues now.
                Rocket Ronnie Rules!!!

Comment

never been a cue collector as such, just want me old ash back

Comment

My own addiction started back in the 1960s!! Over the years I must have owned just about every antique cue available. Just in the last 5 years I have had 60 different cues, both antique and modern. I am not a collector, just love trying out different cues, searching for that elusive 'self potter' that we all know is out there waiting to be found!

In the last couple of years I have mainly bought modern playing cues as I believe they are more suited to the modern game and weighted better than the old antique cues which usually tended to be more butt heavy.

I have to add that in all the years that I have played I have never held or even seen an original first edition Ye Olde Ash cue!!

Oldgit
                    'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

well i have been in cues my entire life and i have never owned a ye olde ash first edition, i have seen a couple though. they are rare and therefore command a high price. i wonder what craigs will fetch - want me to ebay it for you craig? i would not be totally suprised if you made a profit!
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

i am thinking of selling it soon

ive had 3 offers for it the highest was £3000!!!
                        Rocket Ronnie Rules!!!

Comment

Got any piccies of it then Craig? I've only seen one myself some years back, they really are unique if its anything like the shaft on the one I saw.

Comment

Originally Posted by craigslater View Post
                            i am thinking of selling it soon

ive had 3 offers for it the highest was £3000!!!
                            £3000 so you are not going to take my £300 offer then?
                            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Still thinking about it andrew

i will take some photos and post them soon
                              Rocket Ronnie Rules!!!

Comment

hi craig

how much did u get the 2nd ed ye olde ash for?

do u think its worth price it is now?

or say if it finshes about 400 ish?

Comment

Working...
                                X