Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northwest Cues

Im buying another cue lol!!

I had a go with a friends who is a county player at my club, and it felt perfect. I mean the weight was the same as mine, but the finish and the smoothness was unbelievable!! I just felt that if im gonna play at least 4 times a week I might aswell have a 'real' cue that is actually handmade!!

here is the spec

3/4 jointed 16'' from butt.
    elkmaster tip: 9.75mm
    cue length: 58 inches
    weight: 18oz
    olivewood splice with red veneer

he sounded really enthusiastic which was awesome, im just waiting for a quote now

sounds similar spec to mine...only i have pure black ebony...

nice stick i think...feels better than me JP professional i had.....still to get me hands on a T White...but i live in hope

Comment

I still cant believe the difference between Peradon and this and other handmade cuemakers products.

Comment

Ive ordere the cue, had a word with Kevin today and its gonna take about 3 - 4 weeks.

Al lin all it should cost about £240? including the case and posting.

Comment

Great value for money.

Comment

Yeah he said the first call that his cues are from £110 to £240, but yeah im chuffed!!

Comment

i bought a second hand northwest cue, i believe it had been repaired
              before i had it,
              after a few weeks, the wood strated to develop cracks in the butt.
              i'm told this is common for snakewood, is this true.
              Attached Files

Comment

The cracks are along the glueline by the looks of it.

Most likely causes of this are:

The cue has either been left somewhere very very warm.
                Lack of flatness through poor preparation of the timber
                Excess moisture in the timber.

Snakewood is an extremely sensitive wood and does not like large temperature changes at all. It also needs to be fairly dry (seasoned) when used to avoid movement in the finished cue and needs to be glued using high quality adhesives. It also should'nt be exposed to excess heat during finishing.

If the cue has been altered, were the snakewood splices added during the alteration, or, were they there from new?

How old is the cue?

Do you know how the cue has been treated and looked after?

Does the original owner know whether this problem occured very early on after purchase?

Is this the only point at which the snakewood is opening up?

These are some questions you could ask to establish what has happened here, although they might not cure the problem , the answers may lead you closer to getting the cue repaired free of charge, I couldn't say. The bottom line is, that this is not something anyone should 'expect' to happen to their cue purely because it has snakewood in it.

Snakewood is as reliable as many other timbers when used correctly.

Comment

Thank god Im getting ash!

Comment

hopefully getting my new shaft from kevin this week was mightily impressed with the new one piece cue he made for craig steadman i practised a bit with craig these last couple of months , he is hitting the ball better than ever

Comment

got my new shaft from kevin today,very impressed very nice grain nice spliceing made to my spec for just 90 quid,,,,bargain highly reccomended

Comment

Yeah Im getting mine next week hopefully, gonna pay on Monday. Im not getting the case, so the overall price for everything (cue is £165) is about 185.

Comment

If you could post pictures it would be nice for us all to see.

Thx

Comment

will do tomoz

Comment

yeah would be great!!

Comment

Working...
                              X