Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When did they start th eidea of hand splicing a cue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When did they start th eidea of hand splicing a cue?

Could anyone please tell me when was the idea of hand splicing come along?
    As most of you may know, it is a technique that is not used by any US cue maker at all. A hand spliced American pool cue will have sharp points, perferrabley all even. All points belong to the same piece of wood, and are not seperated in any way. It pretty much looks like a machine spliced snooker cue.
    I am wondering why was this technique (hand spliced) so commonly used on snooker cues in the UK. Is there any interesting stroy about how this technique was first used? Any particular person was credited for its invention?
    Any difference(s) between the olden and modern day hand splicing technique?
    Thank you.
    www.AuroraCues.com

Maybe you should read about snookers history. Its so old game, that when first "modern" snooker cues were made, there was no machines that could splice wood so accurately that they fit together. So its traditional way to make cues. I think even first american pool cues were made this way.

Comment

I suspect cues have been made this way in Europe since about the time Americans were signing the Declaration of Independence !
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
        I suspect cues have been made this way in Europe since about the time Americans were signing the Declaration of Independence !
        Thank you.
        www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
        X