No announcement yet.

Mark Selbys Cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uhh Ohhh sounds like Mikerussellitis is about to kick in again Oldgit?
    Its not how well you play its how good you look playing that counts!

Comment

Originally Posted by archalf1471 View Post
      Uhh Ohhh sounds like Mikerussellitis is about to kick in again Oldgit?
      I need help........*sigh*..........

'My name is Oldgit and I have a problem..........'!!!
      'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

So were you enquiring about a new cue then Oldgit, or just asking about Selby's?
        I'd be interested to see what their prices are like now, I lost the price list I had off them last year when my hard drive died.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
          So were you enquiring about a new cue then Oldgit, or just asking about Selby's?
          I'd be interested to see what their prices are like now, I lost the price list I had off them last year when my hard drive died.
          I rang up to find out how much a slim line one piece leather cue case was and ended up chatting to Paul about Marks cue, I had to stop myself ordering a cue!!!

Oldgit
          'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

you will be on the phone again tomorrow ordering two cues one in maple and one in ash................
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by Oldgit View Post
              Well, yesterday afternoon I was talking to the man who actually made Marks cue. Paul Roberts (Stamford Cues) told me that Marks cue is 58in long and he uses a 9.5mm tip. He also told me that the weight of the cue was around 17.75oz.

So much for the false info given out at the last TV event when they said that Marks cue was 57in and 17.5oz!!

Oldgit
              Hey og,

.....thanks for the further info, and don't suppose Paul mentioned whether it was a one piece, or jointed? [I know, I know, more questions hehe.]

And tend to find with one pieces that they give you more feel when striking the cue ball, & the jointed just feels a bit more solid through the shot, plus much heavier sound.

Lol.....xx
              sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
                Hey og,

.....thanks for the further info, and don't suppose Paul mentioned whether it was a one piece, or jointed? [I know, I know, more questions hehe.]

And tend to find with one pieces that they give you more feel when striking the cue ball, & the jointed just feels a bit more solid through the shot, plus much heavier sound.

Lol.....xx
                One piece Blondie!!

OG
                'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc0FmA4uQII there you can see his poolcue its different that the snookercue!

Comment

I actually used his pool cue a while back whilst having a knock with him down the club, very nice cue i thought.
                    After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

Looking at the cue id say its either 8mm or 8.5mm, 3/4 Ash shaft, Ebony butt with 4 splices of either maple or olive with a white veneer over a red veneer.

Im certain its not a 9mm+ tip.

sigpic <---New Website
                      Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

looks a bit like a parris superior.

Comment

Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
                          looks a bit like a parris superior.
                          Think you have it spot on there.

sigpic <---New Website
                          Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment