Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snooker verterens help! on handspliced snooker cues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think most china stuffs sucks! china is a strange country that dosen't respect human right's
    When I ate happy meal on McDonalds (when I was five-six) I always went sad because the toy broke! When I habe get older I know why the toy broke, it was made in china.
    #Age: 22 HB#: 82 #Cue: Mike Wooldridge Vintage Cue # Tip: Mike Wooldridge BlackSpin #Best performance in tournament: Semi-final in an "open to all" Swedish tournament 2015, Swedish U16 tournament champion October 2007 #Current rank in Sweden: 15

Comment

[QUOTE=hotmog;288611]
      Originally Posted by mchpddl1 View Post
      It can be frustrating to buy cues from china, not because of their low cost, but the quality you get is not what you want even you asked for and paid for.

Keep asking them if they are real ebony, they keep saying yes yes yes then what i get is crap dyed black.

So the thing is, not i dislike products from china, but they know the word quality and do not know what it acutally is. They guarantee in words but when u receive them, disappointing.

But remember one thing, you are paying 20 odd quid, so not to expect great stuffs.

I will only get cues from asia only if they can gurantee quality; even in UK, we need to do that.[/
      QUOTE]

As ADR147 has already said in a previous post on this thread, you only get what you pay for. You seem to want the best of both worlds, but good quality ebony is becoming increasingly scarce, which drives prices up. Even allowing for the cheap labour costs in China, it should be obvious that £20 is not going to buy you a cue made using materials of the kind of quality you seem to expect.
      Well, I guess some people think may be the Chinese are buying containers loaded with ebony at a time so they could get it much cheaper, therefore keep the price low.
      I saw some cues from China called JL or something like that, and they really use ebony on the butt. May be not top quality, but they are ebony nevertheless.
      Although the price is 20, but their shipping cost is much higher than is needed, so they are obviously trying to make a profit with a higher shipping cost, which they do nto need to pay a ebay fee on.
      Dunn's cues are made in China, too, arent they?
      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Mike Little = M.L. = the sellers nick MLIFE = a chinese girl who i've spoke to on yahoo messenger. Registered with Ebay as is her friend/relative ? Snookerma in Canada but both are actually in China.

£20 postage for a case cue and extensions is pretty good really considering they are with you in about 3 days from the other side of the world. (DHL couriers if I remember right)

MLIFE told me she works for her uncle, owner of BS cues and that his bother owns JX CUES (Joshua Xavier registered with ebay in Birmingham )
        She thinks of herself as the chinese ADR147 getting cues from all the makers over there and selling them on ebay. when he uncle is out the office I spose lol.

The "sets" for £50 or so including p+p are great value for money when you compare them to the BCE / Riley crap you find in the high street as they usually ask that much for only a slightly better cue also made in china, but although the cues do the job they are poor quality that BS sell from their factory at £5 apiece if you'll buy 300 at a time. If you look on their website they do a plain ebony 3/4 cue that the factory price is about £60 They may well be fair cues but whose gonna buy them in the uk. Nobody and they know it.

If you want an aluminium case they are ok, The quality of them aint bad at all as they get scratched and dented in five mins just as easily as a UK made one. No locks on the ones I had but you can open any case lock with your teeth if you don't wear dentures and a penknife if you do.

Telescopic extensions are ok too but the fitting is cast in resin so its not easy to change as it wont fit uk made cues.

DUNNS Cues... according to the guy in hong kong selling them they are made in Thialand. Believe that if you will.
        Last edited by Wity; 6 April 2008, 02:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X