No announcement yet.

Cue shots sounding tinny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find a tinny sound is often associated with the cue not being tightened enough at the joint- try a few notches more presssure when tightening, see if that helps.

Comment

Originally Posted by whizzwilly View Post
      Rather than go all the way to Stockport again I decided to re-tip it myself with a Blue Diamond - it sounds brilliant now. Played with it last night , just letting the tip bed in so haven't tried any power screw or topspin shots yet but the side spin I get on the cue ball now is just how it should be. I am looking forward to really testing it out in the next 2 weeks and if problem re-occurs then i will be returning it to shop.

Thanks to all members for your help and ideas

Cheers
      Paul
      I knew it was the tip buy one on Mr Wooldridges tips next time and throw your elks and blue diamonds in the bin
      Welsh Is Best

Comment

Originally Posted by craigslater View Post
        if you cue is sounding odd it will be one of three things

1. loose firrule or badly fitted tip
        2. broken or loose joint
        3. loose weight in butt
        spot on craig.

well, tip first, then ferrule, then join or weight. in my humble experience...

the sound from a loose ferrule travels well and can often mislead people to believe the problem is further down.
        The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

when my cue had a tinny sound it was because the joint was dirty and it wasnt connecting properly, hope this helps

Comment

Working...
          X