X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuecraft any good?

Hi,

My first post!

My local snooker club sells Curcraft Cues and I am wondering if they are any good or not? I have had a play with one of them and it seemed nice but I was a little taken aback when I noticed the "made in China" sticker on it. There are also some handspliced models which seem nice but plain.

Does anybody have any experience of Cuecraft cues and are they any good? I have looked at their website but it is not very imformative.

Thanks

cue craft cues are not asf ar as i was aware made in china - that must be a new thing. they are ok it depends on each individual cue and the price you have to pay for it.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

they've had cues made in china for years. when i had my club 10 years ago the cue craft rep used to offer them to me to put in the cabinet. i told him to f*** off!...

no, only joking. they were ok for the price. but by no means 'good' cues...

btw, i'm only talking about the cheap range they added, not their own cues made in this country
      The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

i heard they were the same quality as yours mike only cheaper ?

Comment

Hi Mike,

There was also handspliced cues running at about £195 or thereabouts with an extendable second butt and quick release joints. Certainly they did not look as "fancy" as the cheaper cues (£65-£95) as they were plain ebony with no colour splices but they felt better when handled. Is a handspliced cuecraft cue in the region of £195 value for money? or would I be better to look elsewhere?

I have to add that one of the main reasons why I am considering one is that they are in my club and easy to see/play with before buying. If there are not considered worth the money I would look elsewhere.
          Last edited by Paulie; 21 February 2008, 09:28 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake

Comment

£195 for cue craft - yes look around.

Comment

I personally think craftsman are nicer than cuecraft and you could get a nice one for that price.

Comment

i would second that

Comment

I've had craftsman and cue craft - craftsman are far superior for the same budget.
                  http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
                    Hi,

My first post!

My local snooker club sells Curcraft Cues and I am wondering if they are any good or not? I have had a play with one of them and it seemed nice but I was a little taken aback when I noticed the "made in China" sticker on it. There are also some handspliced models which seem nice but plain.

Does anybody have any experience of Cuecraft cues and are they any good? I have looked at their website but it is not very imformative.

Thanks
                    I recently sold one to mate not for any other reason than he wanted a new cue and I wasn't using the CueCraft one very often. I had no issues with the cue at all with the possible exception that it was a little heavy for my taste but that's a really subjective thing.

The one I sold was solidly made, straight as a dye and quite nicely balanced.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                      i heard they were the same quality as yours mike only cheaper ?

yes, well once i bought the whole lot from them on the side, and stuck my own badge in, i had to make a profit eh?.....
                      The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
                        Hi Mike,

There was also handspliced cues running at about £195 or thereabouts with an extendable second butt and quick release joints. Certainly they did not look as "fancy" as the cheaper cues (£65-£95) as they were plain ebony with no colour splices but they felt better when handled. Is a handspliced cuecraft cue in the region of £195 value for money? or would I be better to look elsewhere?

I have to add that one of the main reasons why I am considering one is that they are in my club and easy to see/play with before buying. If there are not considered worth the money I would look elsewhere.
                        i can't answer that really without seeing it, and i don't know what they go for these days...

what you say about being in your club is a good point cos you can freely try it. and if you like it, it's worth considering.

if you can check out some other brands it would be better cos at least you can see for yourself the differences between cues.

but don't not buy it just cos other people say don't. in my experience, the cue craft cues i used to sell in my club were good value for money and generally fairly good all round.
                        The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

thats as maybe mike and i would agree they were good value but 200 quid is not a cheap cue!

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                            thats as maybe mike and i would agree they were good value but 200 quid is not a cheap cue!
                            i know. i was just suggesting an open mind is kept at the moment and try to see other brands before commiting to buy.

it could turn out to be a really good one, in which case it would be a shame not to buy it just based on people's opinions of other brands in general.
                            The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Working...
                            X