Slip on extension vs sd extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slip on extension vs sd extension

Just wondering how many of you use the slip on telescopic extension and how many use the SD extension?

I notice that a lot of older cues do nto have the SD extension. Some also were just built without this option. If you are the owner of such a cue, do you go and get it changed, or just settle for a slip on type.

Marco Fu does not seem to have any SD joint on his cue. I think he just uses the slip on and does not use any mini butt.

Do you think one extension is better than the other?
    www.AuroraCues.com

as long as the extension is tight in place it makes no difference. but most slip on extensions move a little so butt jointed are prefered
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I find that push-ons don't always sit straight when the cue is chamfered slightly at the butt. Strangely, the cheap plastic tube seems to cope better than the metal one with the flared bit. You need to try one for tightness and straightness. You'll look a t!t if your cue shoots across the table.

Comment

I am thinking of getting a slip on, but I have not really tried one except the cheap import ones at my club which all fall apart after a while. The BCE ones looks good on ebay. There is one by a seller called Johnny * ball that is cheaper, but I am not sure if he is a good seller.
        I do not have the SD joint at the end of my cue. I am not sure if it is a good idea to change anyting as the cue feels quite good in my hand now.
        My cue has a round butt, no flat part at the end.
        With the SD, I noticed that they sometimes sound funny as if they were not tight enough. The joint was quick release so I do not know how much tighter I needed to screw it. My friedn has once un-screw his SD insert out from he butt on his John Parris because he wanted to make it real tight.
        Thank you for the feedback everyone.
        www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
          as long as the extension is tight in place it makes no difference. but most slip on extensions move a little so butt jointed are prefered
          spot on. some slip ons arent a great fit and can move slightly.

Comment

I always thought a screw in would be more stable but though I have a couple neither fit my favourite cue and I couldn't be bothered to send one off and get a different thread fitted so I bought a slip on. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWN:IT&ih=018

Bloody smashing it is trouble is its so much less fuss everyone borrows it even if they have their own screw in.

Comment

a screw in made for your cue will almost always be more stable, or as stable, but a slip on can be as good, but not better, unless the screw in is defective.....slip ons are good for clubs for the reason youve posted above - "everyone" can use it.

oh, and hi mate

Comment

Working...
              X