Cuebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuebay

is there a possibility of opening a website with this address (cuebay . com) and if you run the site, letting folk you know in the trade register to sell cues?

taking a % of selling fees...etc

is that possible? if so, good or bad idea? (im not interested in doing it, but someone may be)

lol. great minds think alike. been on that idea for ages.

had that exact same name in mind...

guess i better do it quick before someone picks up on 'your' idea...
    The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by mikewooldridge View Post
      lol. great minds think alike. been on that idea for ages.

had that exact same name in mind...

guess i better do it quick before someone picks up on 'your' idea...
      the website is "free". id checked ages ago too, but im not into cues much, but thought the idea would be worth a go for someone, as it wouldnt take much to set up

Comment

It costs a couple of quid to buy a domain name. I can't believe you haven't done it.

Comment

Originally Posted by stegorjus View Post
          It costs a couple of quid to buy a domain name. I can't believe you haven't done it.

me?

im not interested and dont sell cues.

thought it a worthwhile idea, so thought id suggest it. if anyone tries it and makes profit, good luck to them

Comment

I just checked it. The .com domain is already registered. Maybe someone has read your post and jumped at it. You have to speculate to accumulate, as they say... Or go bust.

Comment

Originally Posted by stegorjus View Post
              I just checked it. The .com domain is already registered. Maybe someone has read your post and jumped at it. You have to speculate to accumulate, as they say... Or go bust.
              its parked, and theres other ones completely 'free'.

as i said, its not of interest to me, even if its a money maker. im quite happy with what ive got...
              Last edited by Semih_Sayginer; 10 March 2008, 09:17 PM.

Comment

How about a for sale section on TSF.?

Comment

Does anyone remember the score with the Welsh V Ireland game on the weekend????

Comment

cue business

i am also very interested in cue business. If someone is able to fund you 10000pounds for partnership; what can you do with the funding partner?

Comment

i think it would need to be more general - snookerbay etc - still not sure its a workable idea.
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                        i think it would need to be more general - snookerbay etc - still not sure its a workable idea.
                        i think i prefer your initial thoughts on it

Comment

lol - the trouble i think is that i am not sure the market is big enough to sustain it, unless people stopped using their own sales avenues i think the scope is limited - either that or you have to sell to an area of the market i know little about ie the cheap chinese cues.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                            lol - the trouble i think is that i am not sure the market is big enough to sustain it, unless people stopped using their own sales avenues i think the scope is limited - either that or you have to sell to an area of the market i know little about ie the cheap chinese cues.
                            no wonder youre "lol"ing

anyway, there may not be a market big enough, but it wouldnt take too much time to set up, and not a great deal of cost either.

was but a suggestion, that if somene on here in the trade or who knows someone in it can pick up on if not thought of already.

no harm done

Comment

it would be nice to take all that money away from ebay!!

Comment

Working...
                              X