No announcement yet.

Mike Wooldridge's cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there are now too many mike cues available in any cue shop in UK, but not Trevor, Parris, Stamford and Glover, why, personally, I think the seller can earn more profit than what they can on others, same as omin in Asia, the seller can get 50-60 pound for each other than they can get only 30 pound on selling a master cue, I think this is critical

and if there are too many cues came out from a cuemaker, the quality normally decreased, I think everyone agreeed that the John Parris cues produced 10 yrs before are much better than they made now

Comment

if there is too many mike wooldridge cues available in the cue shops that shows how well they must sell. mikes cues arent cheap and i cant see snooker shops ordering them and not being able to sell them the snooker shops must be buying them (i cant see mike giving them away) so they must be selling them . i went to chesworth cues in sheffield he had 30/40 wooldridge cues in stock and i can tell you the quality of each cue was the same TOP QUALITY.

Comment

Sorry for being off topic but does anyone know where I can have a look at some top quality cues in Fife or Edinburgh???
        Alex Higgins "If I knew you were comin I'd have baked a cake, baked a cake, baked a cake"

Comment

Originally Posted by hendrykitty View Post
          there are now too many mike cues available in any cue shop in UK, but not Trevor, Parris, Stamford and Glover, why, personally, I think the seller can earn more profit than what they can on others, same as omin in Asia, the seller can get 50-60 pound for each other than they can get only 30 pound on selling a master cue, I think this is critical
          how many cue shops are there in the uk? i wish my stuff was available in 'any cue shop' cos then we could end this debate about whose cues are best....

(don't anyone bite, i'm just being my usual modest self...)

actually i only deal with two:

stu green/green baize - thornaby, martin chesworth - sheffield. actually, there is also the snooker shop - manchester who recently took a small selection.

my only other trade customers are ebayers adr147 - scotland, and welshpool - wales, plus coutts cues - lincoln, who occasionally has a few cues and i believe travels to pool comps selling cues/cases and also does a bit on ebay.

it may seem like there's a lot about but, all in all, there are probably no more than 50 cues in the entire country available from retail outlets. i don't think that's many. in fact, it's nowhere near enough!

whether the retailer can make more profit or not is irrelevant. my reason for dealing with trade is the most important thing here:

to get good cues out amongst the people who either don't have access to the internet or prefer to go to a shop to buy. this is to make more people, other than those who visit my website, aware of the choices available when buying a quality cue.

Originally Posted by hendrykitty View Post
          and if there are too many cues came out from a cuemaker, the quality normally decreased
          producing more cues certainly creates its own problems. but i can assure you, and anyone else, that quality is the cornerstone of my business and regardless of how many wooldridge cues are available in whatever number of retail outlets, you won't start seeing s*** ones.

so, here's to the day when wooldridge cues are freely available in all good retailers. it can only be good for the players out there...
          The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by mattyuk View Post
            Im definitely gonna get a cue from Mike, not only is the designs superb, but the site seems to be the most informative and honest on the whole darn net!!!
            you've hit the nail on the head there mattyuk...

i wrote that website first and foremost as an educational tool. over the years, i've become sick and tired of hearing and seeing rubbish, so i made the effort to help people make the right decisions.

after they understand a bit more about cues they can choose to go elsewhere and buy whatever. it don't bother me. but at least the information may help them avoid buying rubbish...
            The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Mike

How about JJB Sports ? really hit the man in the street.

Comment

lmao - very good paul - i might give them a ring and try and supply them some tips!
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I could just see them explaining to their customers the virtue of multi layered tips compared to single.

Sell them the rights to your tip guide that's what they need very informative.

Comment

this time next year we could be millionaires!

Comment

You could......

Do you think JJB could have an helpline number for customers to talk to.
                      Then maybe I could eat my tea in peace

Comment

wishful thinking - if i had a pound for every e-mail i get asking if its possible to fit a larger tip on a 9.5mm ferrule i would have retired by now!

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                          wishful thinking - if i had a pound for every e-mail i get asking if its possible to fit a larger tip on a 9.5mm ferrule i would have retired by now!
                          Sorry for going off topic but you had me laughing there !! and it reminded me of quite a few years back when a gentleman was telling all the lads at the bar in great detail how good his John Parris cues was, I wasn't involved in the conversation until one of the lads suggested that he brought the cue in to show me his beautiful hand crafted master piece, anyway sure enough about a week later and the gentleman turned up at the shop with this fantastic 2pc machine spliced endorsed John Parrott cue !! Needless to say the lads at the bar had a field day when I told them
                          www.greenbaize.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Viktortheman View Post
                            Hi
                            I wonder if Mike Wooldridge's snookercues are good? Do someone have experience of his cues? I have plans to buy a cue from him and I wonder if I should do it.

Viktor
                            Just bought one of Mike's pro3 cues direct a couple of months back. You will not be disappointed with what you receive. The two things you will notice immediately is how well balanced it feels, and how smooth the cue runs through the bridge of your hand. Would also recommend the telescopic extension - it feels nice and heavy (unlike the slip-on model I used to have), and I personally think it makes it easier to control the cue ball on those awkward rest shots.

Comment

Originally Posted by mikewooldridge View Post

i wrote that website first and foremost as an educational tool. over the years, i've become sick and tired of hearing and seeing rubbish, so i made the effort to help people make the right decisions.

after they understand a bit more about cues they can choose to go elsewhere and buy whatever. it don't bother me. but at least the information may help them avoid buying rubbish...

yea...totally, absolutely right.....I have read through the whole "Adivce" section on your website. I found the information inside is very helpful and genuine.

Before reading it, I don't know s*** about cue....only chasing brand . Having read the section, I want more how cue's length, tip size, butt size and weight
                              can give different "feel" to a player. However, more importantly is that I know more (although still don't know s*** )to spend my hard-earned pennies on a cue that I love && actually suits me.

Thanks MIKE for putting that extra effort and time to provide genuine info about cue for newbies like me!!!

Cheers, mate!!

Comment

Originally Posted by standrewsjim View Post
                                Just bought one of Mike's pro3 cues direct a couple of months back. You will not be disappointed with what you receive. The two things you will notice immediately is how well balanced it feels, and how smooth the cue runs through the bridge of your hand. Would also recommend the telescopic extension - it feels nice and heavy (unlike the slip-on model I used to have), and I personally think it makes it easier to control the cue ball on those awkward rest shots.
                                Did you bought a maple or an ash cue? Mike says that ash is better than maple, is that true?
                                #Age: 22 HB#: 82 #Cue: Mike Wooldridge Vintage Cue # Tip: Mike Wooldridge BlackSpin #Best performance in tournament: Semi-final in an "open to all" Swedish tournament 2015, Swedish U16 tournament champion October 2007 #Current rank in Sweden: 15

Comment

Working...
                                X