Snooker Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker Cues

How many times have you changed your playing cue?
    I do not have a personal cue
    9.36%
    Never changed before
    16.96%
    Once
    13.45%
    Twice
    17.54%
    Three times
    11.11%
    More than three times
    31.58%

I had 2. One snooker cue I bought in 1993. I changed it in 2006 when I got a cue signed by Paul Hunter in Sheffield. After Paul sadly left us all, I found it a bit strange to play with it, so I stored it.

I did not buy another one and now play with a cue from the snookerclub.

btw. what you think, should I play with the signed cue or leave it where it is?

Comment

I'm sure Paul would have wanted you to play with it. Play with it knowing that it was signed by a special person that will be sorely missed.

Personally myself I have had 2 cues soon to be a third (Thanks to a certain Mr White) I don’t really like to change cues but the reason for my third cue is that this one is a bit special so i will probably never change cues again.

Comment

I changed from a modified American pool cue to a Burwat, valued 6 years ago at 150 quid. Now that I dont play it's just gathering dust though.
        "I tried to be patient, but it took too long"

Comment

Yes! I am going to take it out of its leather case and admire it for the rest of the evening and take it along next match! If it does not feel good, I store it back again.

Originally Posted by Darth_Spud View Post
          I'm sure Paul would have wanted you to play with it. Play with it knowing that it was signed by a special person that will be sorely missed. Thats the difficult bit.

Comment

TSF calling Nick Kenny.......TSF calling Nick Kenny.......come in Nick Kenny....

Comment

cheeky Tw*T!!!!!! Unfortunately Ferret, has not given me a column all to myself in the vote!!!!!! I never advocate changing you cu more than once a week its not good for your game!!!!!
              Its not how well you play its how good you look playing that counts!

Comment

Never! I like my cue!
                2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
                2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

how many times should a snookerplayer change his cue during his career?
                  #Age: 22 HB#: 82 #Cue: Mike Wooldridge Vintage Cue # Tip: Mike Wooldridge BlackSpin #Best performance in tournament: Semi-final in an "open to all" Swedish tournament 2015, Swedish U16 tournament champion October 2007 #Current rank in Sweden: 15

Comment

umm maybe 40 or 50 times!!
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by Viktortheman View Post
                      how many times should a snookerplayer change his cue during his career?
                      i don't think its a case of should, more like a case of trying to find the right cue for them. If you are lucky enough you can pick up one cue, learn to play the game with it and hopefully it will serve you a lifetime. That was possible about 10-15 years ago when you could buy a decent cue from say a sports shop and would be good enough to play with. Nowadays though, with the cheaper end of the market flooded with cheap and poor quality cues, I would say it is probably necessary to change cues a few times before you settle for one decent enough. It all depends the standard you play to, or want to achieve, this will determine the quality of cue you require.

There are still a few professional players using quite cheap cues that they had when they started out as juniors. Mark King, Alan McManus, Ken Doherty etc, all use cues which cost less than £20 and have all been very successful and still use them to this day.

Comment

i have changed my cue so many times i think ive lost count !
                        i had a parris special then another special then an ultimate then a wooldridge custom built then another wooly and now thanks to mike i have a one piece special eddition multi spliced work of art that will be with me for a long time to come !
                        next time i fancy a change it will be the woman !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!as they should be changed more than a cue......

Comment

i have owned in the last 10 years parris,mastercue,mastercraft ,snookercraft,cuecraft,northwest,riley and wooldridge which i still have but in the end i play with a £5 riley club cue maple shaft which i bought from craftsman cues and had it respliced by t white. but i dont think the standard you want to play or want to achive determines the quality of the cue i know lots of players good player who use cues that look like they just picked them out of the rack.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                            i don't think its a case of should, more like a case of trying to find the right cue for them. If you are lucky enough you can pick up one cue, learn to play the game with it and hopefully it will serve you a lifetime. That was possible about 10-15 years ago when you could buy a decent cue from say a sports shop and would be good enough to play with. Nowadays though, with the cheaper end of the market flooded with cheap and poor quality cues, I would say it is probably necessary to change cues a few times before you settle for one decent enough. It all depends the standard you play to, or want to achieve, this will determine the quality of cue you require.

There are still a few professional players using quite cheap cues that they had when they started out as juniors. Mark King, Alan McManus, Ken Doherty etc, all use cues which cost less than £20 and have all been very successful and still use them to this day.

yea....totally agree. me myself had two cues and planning to get one from TW (hehehehe.....still thinking about what wood should I use for splicing...) The first one I got it from my friend as a gift when I started playing snooker. It was too thin, light (probably about 17oz) and abit whippy....and then I went and got myself a Master cue which definitely weight more than 18oz.....however, it has the stiff and nicely made. Only problem is that I find it abit too heavy for me and sometimes abit too hard to control the strength I hit the ball. For this reason.... I should my 3rd cue should have all the right spec that will give me the right "feel" this time after playing with two different cues for a couple of year.

Comment

i have one cue and i never use it... it is signed by peter ebdon
                              jam, marmelade, sauce, squish... pekmez

Comment

Working...
                              X