X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi jason didnt think it would come out like that but it works lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by damienlch View Post
      Beautiful cues, Airin... may I know what wood did you use for the splices? i.e. the one with the rounded butt.
      That is maple burr. Did not want to make something "over the top" so I selected a front splice with very interesting figure that reminds me of the dry brush stroke found in Chinese calligraphy artwork, and the left and right splices were selected to be symmetrically in terms of figures. I wanted to make an understated cue...so, no snakewood for a change.:-)LOL
      Last edited by poolqjunkie; 18 December 2011, 09:56 PM.
      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• i love the snakewood airin but sooooooooooooooo expensive,but majority of woods can be made into beautiful things thats 1 thing ive learnt from messing about with cues,everybody can have virtually there own thing but the cost whoe lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
          i love the snakewood airin but sooooooooooooooo expensive,but majority of woods can be made into beautiful things thats 1 thing ive learnt from messing about with cues,everybody can have virtually there own thing but the cost whoe lol
          That is so true. I cannot agree with you more. A true artist can turn an oridinary piece of wood into a great piece of art work.
          A lot of my customers have asked me to make them cues with snakewood, plus I really like snakewood myself. Yes, it is very expensive and also a real pain to work with. But when it is done right it is such a beauty.
          Having said that, I sometimes like to make something more understated and more subtle. If done right, a plaine ebony ash cue can be a real beauty, too, right?
          I think the beauty of a cue is not only in the wood but the way the woods are crafted and put together to form the finished piece. Just by putting many expensive woods togeher may not yield an elegant piece; it really depends on the craftsman/artist--his taste, imagination, creativity, skill, and last but not least, execution.
          I like your work because they are different and you have your own style. It is not like something we see every day. Some people just want to "play safe" and keep making cues with very simple designs that are all very similiar employing very commonly seen woods but you are not like that. I have lots of repect for you for your creativity and boldness.
          Have a Merry Christmas, mate.
          Last edited by poolqjunkie; 18 December 2011, 10:56 PM.
          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• This is another Aurora maple cue (1 piece) that is going out to a customer tomorrow.
            Goldfield burr splices with zebrano veneer, Connossieur style.

www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• cheers airin different i like that lol all the best to you and your family mate oh and richard

Comment

• Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                This is another Aurora maple cue (1 piece) that is going out to a customer tomorrow.

maple looks good ,I feel zebra wood is soft,when you do it smell bad

Comment

• Yes Mark. Zebrano is a soft wood, so is burr. It was not easy to work them.
                  You can use wood hardener to harden the zebrano, but wood hardener is very smelly, too--and it is harmful.
                  www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

That is maple burr. Did not want to make something "over the top" so I selected a front splice with very interesting figure that reminds me of the dry brush stroke found in Chinese calligraphy artwork, and the left and right splices were selected to be symmetrically in terms of figures. I wanted to make an understated cue...so, no snakewood for a change.:-)LOL
                    Then this is a lovely piece of maple burr... really caught my eye. The colour and grain pattern are subtle and artistic... as what you have so aptly described, like calligraphy brush strokes.
                    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

This is another Aurora maple cue (1 piece) that is going out to a customer tomorrow.

Hi Airin,

The Connossieur cue was done with the ebony top splices also planed into veneers, so both the ebony and maple appear to cut through the lowest set of splices, right down to the butt end.

They would be something like these here in post 2433......

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...cue!**/page244

Comment

• Thank you.
                        Beautiful cues, Trevor.
                        May you and your family have a very Merry Christmas.:-)
                        www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by JasonOwen View Post
                          Latest cue.....
                          58 inches, 18oz, 16.5inch balance point, 9.5mm ferrule, 30mm butt.

No31 looks good Jason hopefully No32 coming soon

Comment

• Cue 021
                            Ebony butt with a cocobolo/ebony/maple humbug stripe front splice.
                            Wanted to do one of these ever since I saw Dan Sheltons version using snakewood.
                            http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

Comment

• Ebony butt with a snakewood front splice and Tulip veneer.
                              http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

Comment

• 2 lovely cues there Jason, like the humbug one especially

Comment

Working...
                                X