This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
    You can get the cue refinished by Laurie, get a COA from her, and get extra shafts made by her. If you want to sell such a cue you should get a COA. May be have the wrap changed by Laurie, too. I suspect it came with a different colored wrap originally.

Sorry. I dont make ash shaft for another cue like that.

By the way, Jerry started making cues around 82-83. If your friend bought the cue from the original owner then sold it to you he most likely did not have it for close to 30 years unless the original owner sold it right after he got it.

BTW, it is George Balabushka, not Harry. :-)

Thanks for the pictures.
    Right, George Balabushka. Funny because I've made that exact mistake before and got corrected. You'd think I'd learn

Actually the original wrap was leather, but it was worn to practically nothing, so I had it re-wrapped. As for the timeframe like I say, I know the history and Henry did sell it just after he got it, and it was back in the early 80s. I gather that him and Jerry were friends and he bought a lot of SW cues from him back in the day. As for the shafts, I know Laurie can make them, but I personally favor ash, and I doubt they have much of that. I know you have excellent ash though, so I thought you might be interested. If not, fair enough.
    Acting experience: When I play snooker and I make a shot, I act like I meant to do it.

Comment

• Originally Posted by dinovirus View Post
      Right, George Balabushka. Funny because I've made that exact mistake before and got corrected. You'd think I'd learn

Actually the original wrap was leather, but it was worn to practically nothing, so I had it re-wrapped. As for the timeframe like I say, I know the history and Henry did sell it just after he got it, and it was back in the early 80s. I gather that him and Jerry were friends and he bought a lot of SW cues from him back in the day. As for the shafts, I know Laurie can make them, but I personally favor ash, and I doubt they have much of that. I know you have excellent ash though, so I thought you might be interested. If not, fair enough.
      It is nice to see something different in this thread. Thanks so much for taking the time to show us your cues.
      Last edited by poolqjunkie; 20 January 2012, 06:38 PM.
      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• My own playing cue. It is just a one piece plain ebony cue.

www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• Was that shaft already quite golden is is it your oil that gave it that stunning colour?

Interesting that for you own cue you went with plain Ebony having seen some of you previous work.

Comment

• Originally Posted by safe t boy View Post
            Was that shaft already quite golden is is it your oil that gave it that stunning colour?

Interesting that for you own cue you went with plain Ebony having seen some of you previous work.
            Yes, I sealed the shaft, oiled it with my cue oil and buff it with a dry towel.

About my cue, yes it is very plain. I just threw some wood bits together but I did make an effort to glue them well so hopefully they should not fall apart in the middle of a frame. :-)
            Last edited by poolqjunkie; 21 January 2012, 01:27 AM.
            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• Its beautiful mate. Sometimes plain Ebony makes the best looking cues.

Comment

• Airin,
                You resisted a snakewood front splice then?
                Very nice looking cue. Must feel good to play and get on with a cue you made yourself.
                Im hoping to make myself one soon.
                http://thecueguru.weebly.com/

Comment

• Very nice Airin..... Imo you can't beat a plain ebony, very classy looking!!:snooker:
                  Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                  Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

• Nice shaft Airin, I like that grain, you don't see many cues with that cleaness of grain these days, is that down to where you get your ash from?
                    The shaft taper looks pretty slim too, what are the specs of your cue?

Comment

• Robert Osborne Snooker Cue 001.jpgRobert Osborne Snooker Cue 002.jpgRobert Osborne Snooker Cue 003.jpgRobert Osborne Snooker Cue 004.jpgRobert Osborne Snooker Cue 005.jpg

My new Robert Osborne

4splices of Tulipwood with a single splice of Thuya Burr , round Butt , Joint just above splices .

18.5 oz
                      9.5mm tip
                      Last edited by Neil Taperell; 21 January 2012, 06:31 PM.
                      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Nice Neil....

Comment

• Very nice that

Comment

• Cheers Cally ........just can't play with it until tomorrow night
                            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Paint still wet ??? lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                                Cheers Cally ........just can't play with it until tomorrow night
                                Wish i could play with my new cue tomorrow night i tells ya.

KILIING ME NOW...

Not long now, how long i been saying that tho eh...lol.

Don't make it any easier reading this thread and looking at everyones new cues.

Killed me the wait has this time, if this int right i'm giving up, can't be going through this waiting malarky again...

Hope she plays as good as she looks for ya Neil..

Comment

Working...
                                X