Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lovely cue Pete, think this is the one I saw when I was over at his mid-way through it being made and it's really very beautiful.
    "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

• How long did it take to make the cue

Comment

• This cue was going far too cheap on ebay so tried to help the bids along a bit and ended up winning lol
        (tip to Andy, don't let a sale finish during the day )
        Made and being sold by Andy Gibbs, the splicing is spot on and has a nice shaft too, great jet black ebony splicings with 4 rosewood splices over thick maple veneers, will try it out tonight to see how it plays.
        Specs: 57 3/4", tapering ferrule 9.7 to 9.3, 18.45 oz, 29.2 butt, 18" balance point

Comment

• Got yourself a bargain there, don't think the pictures did it justice, and the black bit at the bottom made it look like a mass produced cue that had been rebadged. I bought a cheap cue he cleaned up for £40 delivered, already been offered double that because it plays so well, definitely underrated!
          No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

• Yeah not great pics on advert, badge a bit offset from centre and a bit wonky, but nice cue

Comment

• I should have took a pic of the parris superior i was looking at down newport today and posted it here.. Oh dear....

Proper cue whore now eh John, You need to get out of darlington more bud..

Comment

• Originally Posted by cally View Post
                I should have took a pic of the parris superior i was looking at down newport today and posted it here.. Oh dear....

Proper cue whore now eh John, You need to get out of darlington more bud..
                who's cue was it?
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                  who's cue was it?

Nobody's really bud, it was for sale in the foyet, there was a little sign in the cabinet and it said parris cues available.. (they used to be in the rack but they put them behind the counter hidden now it seems, someone must have run off with 1 or 2 in the past maybe..lol) so i asked to have a looksy and i had to take a double look, the ebony was so poor i thought it was rosewood at first... lol
                  Splices out, finish not too clever.. felt like a sports shop cue compared to my trev...

Guess i'm just spoilt with my trev eh ..

But.. I just looked on parris site and the superior is 447 odd quid and this one down zooport was 368 odd quid.. strange that.

Mybe it was cheaper cos it was crap...

Although, the balance and weight was good and a decent shaft so not all bad....

EDIT too add... Oops, no wonder the price difference was so far out... I just realised it wasn't a superior it was a 'supreme' cue.. and that's 380 odd quid on parris site, that explains it then..lol....i
                  Last edited by cally; 15 February 2013, 09:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                    This cue was going far too cheap on ebay so tried to help the bids along a bit and ended up winning lol
                    (tip to Andy, don't let a sale finish during the day )
                    Made and being sold by Andy Gibbs, the splicing is spot on and has a nice shaft too, great jet black ebony splicings with 4 rosewood splices over thick maple veneers, will try it out tonight to see how it plays.
                    Specs: 57 3/4", tapering ferrule 9.7 to 9.3, 18.45 oz, 29.2 butt, 18" balance point

lovely cue nice shaft, cant believe I missed this one

Comment

Nobody's really bud, it was for sale in the foyet, there was a little sign in the cabinet and it said parris cues available.. so i asked to have a looksy and i had to take a double look, the ebony was so poor i thought it was rosewood at first... lol
                      Splices out, finish not too clever.. felt like a sports shop cue compared to my trev...

Guess i'm just spoilt with my trev eh ..

But.. I just looked on parris site and the superior is 447 odd quid and this one down zooport was 368 odd quid.. strange that.

Mybe it was cheaper cos it was crap...

Although, the balance and weight was good so not all bad....
                      ah I thought it was in the arena

Comment

• Originally Posted by MinnesotaSlim85 View Post
                        lovely cue nice shaft, cant believe I missed this one
                        Really nice looking cue . looked at his website . decent cues at very decent prices .
                        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                          Really nice looking cue . looked at his website . decent cues at very decent prices .
                          yup very good prices, I see he has some cues on ebay that are on his website :snooker:
                          Last edited by MinnesotaSlim85; 15 February 2013, 10:23 PM.

Comment

... Proper cue whore now eh John, You need to get out of darlington more bud..
                            Ahem, i leave Darlo every day to go to work bud

Comment

• Since everyone else is getting them out
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Old cue collector --
                              Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                              (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Lovely cue that. Is it an original, is this with different editions ? Or a replica ?

Comment

Working...
                                X