This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yep, very nice that.
    ever done a maple shaft and 100% kingwood butt?
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Very nice Andy, if it's ever up for sale let me know as I may be interested :snooker:
      "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

• To be honest when you suggested the idea at first I thought it was going to be horrible...
        But that looks class
        Hats off mate
        sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Andy Travis View Post
          That is a mighty fine looking cue, don't think I have ever seen kingwood look so good!
          TheBranstonMan

Comment

• Here's a few pictures of another GBL cue I've bought(not the best photography wise =p), few specs: Ash shaft/Ebony and Asian snake-wood butt (59", 19.9oz, 9.4mm)
            Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

• Nice cue, SouthPaw! Asian snakewood is pretty interesting. I briefly had a Mastercue Ultimate on my hands that had an Asian snakewood splice.

And it looks like GBL has a new badge? I like that one better.
              Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

• Doesn't look much like snakewood to me, is that because it's Asian snakewood instead of normal snakewood?
                Last edited by willtyson; 19 March 2013, 08:15 PM.
                "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

• Originally Posted by willtyson View Post
                  Doesn't look much like snakewood to me, is that because it's Asian snakewood instead of normal snakewood?
                  Yeah some Asian snakewood doesn't have much figuring. The splice on the cue I mentioned looked almost exactly like SouthPaw's. Some cuts will have figuring that sort of resembles tiger stripes.
                  Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

• Yeah, it looks very plain for snakewood- you learn something new on here everyday! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by PetMarmoset View Post
                      Nice cue, SouthPaw! Asian snakewood is pretty interesting. I briefly had a Mastercue Ultimate on my hands that had an Asian snakewood splice.

Thanks mate, yes that's the new badge, though with a rise in production costs the price has went up on them, but still great value, lovely hitting cue...

Originally Posted by willtyson View Post
                      Doesn't look much like snakewood to me, is that because it's Asian snakewood instead of normal snakewood?
                      To be honest I'd to double check with Stu that it was snake wood, as I'd not seen it that dark/plain grained...
                      Last edited by SouthPaw; 19 March 2013, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
                        Thanks mate, yes that's the new badge, though with a rise in production costs the price has went up on them, but still great value, lovely hitting cue...

To be honest I'd to double check with Stu that it was snake wood, as I'd not seen it that dark/plain grained...
                        I just bought a GBL cue with asian snakewood as well:
                        Box the chimp.

Comment

• You won't be disappointed, all the best with it Holden...:snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by PetMarmoset View Post
                            Nice cue, SouthPaw! Asian snakewood is pretty interesting. I briefly had a Mastercue Ultimate on my hands that had an Asian snakewood splice.

I noticed on his website The other day the his cues seem to be sporting 2 different badges at the minute
                            sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Andy Travis View Post
                              Hard to get a good photo while dark, cue looks a lot nicer than these

Very nice Andy....

Comment

• It not only looks nice, it plays excellent.
                                Smooth ash shaft
                                Balance at 18 1/2''
                                10.2 tip
                                58'' long.

Starting another one today hopefully, when ready i will post on my own thread
                                Andy Travis cues (Photobucket)
                                Contact. <span style="color:#FF0000">trav2241...ail.com</span>
                                https://www.facebook.com/andy.travis...photosLocation
                                S36 1LB

Comment

Working...
                                X