Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Craftsman Cues?

To anyone that knows!

Do Craftsman make custom cues, in design as well as weight, length and tip size?

I'm thinking about getting a new cue in the next few months when I start playing more often (and ditching the old BCE) and Craftsman have been pretty highly recommended on this board for their price range - around £120-£150.

So would they make a cue with the design of a Burwat Champion, or Parris Traditional and if so how much more is it likely to cost?

If not then I'll probably get the 147...

Thanks!

I can't see any reason why not.

Comment

email Simon at Craftsman Cues with details what your after the link is on there website he's a helpful chap, and usually replies quickly, they will make you what you want & all there standard range can be altered to custom specs i think.

Comment

Thanks very much Trev and CueAnt 147!

Comment

no probs, Mastercraft could also be worth a look in that price range all the cues in there range can be custom made to spec at no extra, they could also price your own design up for you, email Dave there another helpful chap... just another option for you.

Comment

Hey, just got a craftsman panther myself, 59" and 19oz, and its great, i love it!
            You really get a good cue for your money, cant go wrong with them.

Comment

yes they do - why not PM them and ask Simon is on the forum. price is likely to be £150-£170
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Thanks for all the replies!

Thanks ADR, I'll check that out.

On a completely different note, I have a full size snooker table lighting canopy, mahogany finish and white fringe. As the premier retailer of all things snooker in the country, would you be interested, or have any idea where I should list it?

New ones that aren't even as nice are about £260 on the internet, but I would get rid of this for a good bit less. Money from it would go towards the cue and help to justify the purchase.

Comment

How do craftsman cues compare to others like T White?

Comment

Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
                    Thanks for all the replies!

Thanks ADR, I'll check that out.

On a completely different note, I have a full size snooker table lighting canopy, mahogany finish and white fringe. As the premier retailer of all things snooker in the country, would you be interested, or have any idea where I should list it?

New ones that aren't even as nice are about £260 on the internet, but I would get rid of this for a good bit less. Money from it would go towards the cue and help to justify the purchase.

local free ads - they don't fetch much second hand. also its not an easy thing to post! - or i think andy hunter might be looking for one.

Comment

Originally Posted by -Matty- View Post
                      How do craftsman cues compare to others like T White?
                      they are great cues - superb value for money

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                        local free ads - they don't fetch much second hand. also its not an easy thing to post! - or i think andy hunter might be looking for one.
                        Well anything reasonable would be a bonus, more space and help towards a new cue. I don't know who Andy Hunter is but if you see him, please tell him that I have one here and it will be very reasonably priced!

Thanks again for the help.

Comment

Well i'd say Craftsman offer great value for money in there price bracket, and as with most things you get what you pay for & it depends exactly what your requirements are, you may not get perfectly level splices etc but you will get a very good cue at a very good price. With Trevor White, Mike Wooldridge etc you have to pay for the quality in and the time thats gone in to achieve that quality resulting in an a "perfect cue" cue in all respects that will lose very little money should you ever decide to sell it.
                          Every cue has its price band and its important to compare like for like, also to get the best you can whatever your budget maybe, and be happy in your own mind.

Comment

i will PM you andy's details.

Craftsmans expensive cues ie pro ash are very good indeed but then they are not so cheap!

Comment

The main difference is the attention to details i think...
                              On mine the splices are not even, the shaft is nice but the grain is not totaly straight and when jointed the splices and arrows are not in line...
                              Its not as perfect as a wooldridge or White, but its a fraction of the price and still plays great...
                              I really dont regret getting mine...

Comment

Working...
                              X