X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know James Butter the mystery cue maker in person? LOL
    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Recently we had a water leak in the house. It was a mess with water everywhere. I couldn't figure out where the leak was coming from and I knew I needed to call a plumber. It was late at night past dinner time and I knew I would end up paying extra for a visit but had to call someone.

The plumber eventually arrived after another 40 minutes of stressing out and mopping up the spill with a sponge and paper towels. The plumber took one look around and proceeded to get down on his hands and knees with a pipe wrench. He tightened one pipe and the leak went away! He then proceeded to write up a bill. I was shocked to discover it was for $175!!

I asked the plumber why he charged so much for 5 minutes work. He said "Sir, it took me 5 minutes to tighten that pipe, but 10 years experience to know which pipe to tighten!"

Moral of the story: You aren't paying for wood, that's literally immaterial. You are paying for knowledge, time and experience. Better cue makers charge more because they have experience to draw from.
      Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
      My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

nice 1 this is what a lot of people know but cant accept

Comment

Originally Posted by thelongbomber View Post
          Recently we had a water leak in the house. It was a mess with water everywhere. I couldn't figure out where the leak was coming from and I knew I needed to call a plumber. It was late at night past dinner time and I knew I would end up paying extra for a visit but had to call someone.

The plumber eventually arrived after another 40 minutes of stressing out and mopping up the spill with a sponge and paper towels. The plumber took one look around and proceeded to get down on his hands and knees with a pipe wrench. He tightened one pipe and the leak went away! He then proceeded to write up a bill. I was shocked to discover it was for $175!!

I asked the plumber why he charged so much for 5 minutes work. He said "Sir, it took me 5 minutes to tighten that pipe, but 10 years experience to know which pipe to tighten!"

Moral of the story: You aren't paying for wood, that's literally immaterial. You are paying for knowledge, time and experience. Better cue makers charge more because they have experience to draw from.
          its a version of picasso's napkin.

The story goes that Picasso was sitting in a Paris café when an admirer approached and asked if he would do a quick sketch on a paper napkin. Picasso politely agreed, swiftly executed the work, and handed back the napkin — but not before asking for a rather significant amount of money. The admirer was shocked: “How can you ask for so much? It took you a minute to draw this!” “No”, Picasso replied, “It took me 40 years”
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
            its a version of picasso's napkin.

The story goes that Picasso was sitting in a Paris café when an admirer approached and asked if he would do a quick sketch on a paper napkin. Picasso politely agreed, swiftly executed the work, and handed back the napkin — but not before asking for a rather significant amount of money. The admirer was shocked: “How can you ask for so much? It took you a minute to draw this!” “No”, Picasso replied, “It took me 40 years”
            Love the story.
            Is it really a true story? If so, the guy must be really regreting not buying that napkin now.LOL
            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
            X