What is a 3/4 joined cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a 3/4 joined cue

Hello everybody. I am brandnew on this forum and also in world of snooker.
    It's maybe a silly question but I don't know what 3/4 and 1/2 joined cue means. I also want to know if to buy a cheap cue makes sense for a beginner

3/4 cue has a joint about 3 quarters of the way down the cue.
    1/2 cue has a joint about .... have you got it yet ... half way down the cue

Sorry, not trying to be a smart arse but it's probably one of those easy-if-you-know-it type questions.

Cheap cue does make sense for a beginner. Depends on your definition of cheap though.

You could pay £20 and get a cheap BCE or Riley cue from a sports shop.
    You could pay up to £60 or so and get a Chinese made 'package' with case and extensions etc.
    You could pay around hundred and 40ish and get a decent Craftsman cue.
    You could pay £200 - £600 (and the rest) and get one custom built by a vast array of cue makers who will make exactly what you request.

Believe it or not, it has been asked before - have a search around.

Comment

Originally Posted by alfredneumann View Post
      Hello everybody. I am brandnew on this forum and also in world of snooker.
      It's maybe a silly question but I don't know what 3/4 and 1/2 joined cue means. I also want to know if to buy a cheap cue makes sense for a beginner

I think you wouldn't mind the look, so try to buy a discount cue from Dunns. The materials are genuine (not stained wood) and the workmanship is genuine Thai. On special, you can get one for less than £70. Visit

www.dunne-cues.com

Comment

Working...
      X