tip size of top players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tip size of top players

Which of top players use tip smaller/thiner than 9,5mm (which is conisdered as standard size)? (sorry for my english)

Originally Posted by blazzer05 View Post
    Which of top players use tip smaller/thiner than 9,5mm (which is conisdered as standard size)? (sorry for my english)
    Not sure if its true, but I do remember a clip about Stephen Lee's tip size and how it was smaller than average. I think Willie said it looked like a 9mm.
    Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
    My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

John Spencer used to use a small tip in his prime, Alex Higgins describing it as 'like the tip of a knitting needle'.

Comment

sorry i think that quote came from cliff thorburn when he had to use john spencer cue. ive got the book with it in

Comment

Murphy uses a small tip, 8.5mm I think, as does Matthew Stevens, around the same size. So long as you deliver the cue straight and you are hitting the middle of the cue ball anything above 8mm is fine, sounds easy but delivering the cue straight is what sets the top players apart from the rest of us.

Comment

Originally Posted by mattyshinobi22 View Post
            sorry i think that quote came from cliff thorburn when he had to use john spencer cue. ive got the book with it in
            Fair enough............but Thorburn could have nicked the quote from Alex!!

Comment

Working...
            X