What feedback would you put?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What feedback would you put?

Only having the internet to go by I got the impression Cuecraft cues were a reasonabe make and decided to have a punt on this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWN:IT&ih=019

I was actually surpised no one bid but myself and I got it for my first bid. the opening price of £30.

Just opened it up, what a load of cobblers! All ash, everything black is paint.If thats snakewood my arse is solid gold. The shaft has a few flatspots where previous owners have sanded it, or should I say used a file on it?. The only lacquor on it covers the gloss painted splices on the shaft, The butt has beem painted with some sort of rubbery matt black and though it's about 2mm thick you can still see the ash grain through it suggesting it wasn't even sanded smooth befoe paint was applied.

All in I reckon it's worth a fiver for the brass. It could be a 1/2 decent break cue though as the guy said. I'll probably take some pics as it stands now spend a few hours refinishing it when I get a bout of insomnia and then bung it back on ebay whee it'll probably fetch a tenner, unless I put a starting bid of £30 on it and find another mug like me.

I'm very sorry for you. Personally I would think twice before buying a used cue that I hadn't seen in person.

For E-bay, always ignore the text description as you cannot know whether a single word is true. Also demand good pictures, those pics are completely useless. I would never buy from a guy that provides such poor pics, because that makes it obvious he's got something to hide.

For me, that advert doesn't say anything about the item other that it's a cue. I could take an old house cue from the rack and present it so that it seemed as a £100 one.

Comment

to be fair to the guy he hasn't lied.

looks handspliced from the pics though.

I once bought a machine spliced plain ebony butted cue craft from ebay, looked like a decent cue, never used it as i only bought it for the case.

Sold it back on ebay for a nice profit with my old inferior case.

moral of the story do the mugging or get mugged!

**** disclaimer, I'm a nice guy really and have been mugged more times than the mugger!*****
      http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

feedback - "once bitten, twice shy"

Comment

I've just left the following feedback.

IT'S CRAP WANNA BUY IT BACK FOR A TENNER?

Fingers crossed he just might.

Comment

Originally Posted by Wity View Post
            I've just left the following feedback.

IT'S CRAP WANNA BUY IT BACK FOR A TENNER?

Fingers crossed he just might.
            you have to be careful with feedback as you can get negative feedback for no reason other than you have been conned. bought a 1 piece hanspliced cue once of some guy in leicester what came through the post waa a parcel about 2 and a half feet long opened it ,there was this 2 piece broomshank in it so i emailed seller he f----d me off ,so i asked ebay to sort it out they fobbed me off, so i left negative feedback. so even though i had paid by paypal within 5 minutes of auction he left bad feedback about me cant get it removed, he had several bad feedbacks so he came back with a diffirent user name(they are easy to spot)
            so advise you tread careful or you can get tarnished for no reason.
            Craftsman custom made cue
            57 inches
            17 ounces
            9 mil Wooldridge original supertip
            ash shaft plain ebony butt

Comment

Did you try contacting the seller before leaving feedback? I would always attempt this as sometimes it can appeal to peoples conscience and avoid the retaliatory feedback situation.

I saw this auction and another i believe he had for a different cue craft and didnt particularly like the look of it (particularly the photos). Does it have a cue craft joint? (the one with the dots you join up and twist) Perhaps it is a cue craft that someone has messed around with?

Comment

Jack.. He'd already left me good feedback before I left him nuetral as he really had not described it wrong he'd just started the auction at £30 and that cue was never half that when new I bet. It;s entirely my own fault I cant really blame the guy he was just lucky he found a mug like me.

I'm at 98.4% purely because I left negative feedback before the sellers did on two items, one that broke the first time I used it that cost £2 and postage £5 and another that never turned up The first guy left me neg in return and said he would have replaced it had i sent it back. and pay him postage costs again (same cost to me of buying another) and the 2nd said via email he was going to send me another and claim off the insurance which he didn't. Both some time later via ebay they offered to cancel out each others bad feedback returning my feedback to 100% but I refused on principle.

Quibit... By email yes but got no reply. The cue is a genuine cuecraft with the dot to dot joint and I took it as being an older version of one in the range now that they sell for £100+ Nobody else did apparently which at first surprised me after being the only bidder. However I realised later neither snooker or pool was in the title so a "snooker cue" search never showed it. Till it came I thought perhaps very few had seen it.

Comment

heavy cue that mate. bad luck too, sorry to hear that.

Comment

Working...
                  X