Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other Splicing Materials?

Hi All

I was wondering if it is possible to use other materials instead of wood for splicing on cues. I had an idea of using coloured glass but im not sure if its feasible. Has anyone seen any unusual splices or have any ideas on what could be used?

Your thoughts please...
    Last edited by Darth_Spud; 6 May 2008, 07:55 PM.

You can have splices made out of almost anything, spagetti aint advisabe though

Coloured glass would be ok I spose, obviously not if it's as fragile as normal glass. Pretty plastics seem to be in fashion with the bce / rilley range of junk, and they've been bunging in plastics for years as inlays on yank pool cues but nothing beats a nice splice or splices of real wood that has a class finish.

Comment

Originally Posted by Wity View Post
      You can have splices made out of almost anything, spagetti aint advisabe though

Coloured glass would be ok I spose, obviously not if it's as fragile as normal glass. Pretty plastics seem to be in fashion with the bce / rilley range of junk, and they've been bunging in plastics for years as inlays on yank pool cues but nothing beats a nice splice or splices of real wood that has a class finish.
      Yes the Riley/BCE stuff use lots of plastics but I was referring to unusual materials that perhaps have not been used. The example I used I have never seen in a cue.

Comment

There was a glass cue on ebay a while back, ALL glass butt and shaft gawd knows what it played like.

Comment

Working...
        X