maple Burwat Champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maple Burwat Champion

i have a maple Burwat Champion the splices are swelling is there anythink i can do to slow dwon the swelling
    Last edited by garysnooker; 25 March 2010, 05:13 PM.

ADR147 what Edition do you think this Burroughes & Watts Burwat Champion Cue is 1 2 or 3 cheers

Comment

Hi Gary. I have the same cue- its a second edition. The swelling is a common problem on burwat's. If it's not too bad one of the top cue makers( i say top cos this is a very rare cue! ) could skim the surface slightly but if you can live with it i would leave it alone. Are the weights loose? Does it rattle when you hit the white?

Comment

weights loose? Does it rattle when you hit the white?
        no rattle or anythink it seem ok to me do you collection cue gloveman

Comment

That's good then Gary- it basically means you can still play with the cue. It would be a nightmare if the weights were loose and every time you hit the ball it rattled. Hopefully the surface can be skimmed so the swelling will go down slightly and you'll be able to live with that. I have an ash burwat getting repaired at Dave Coutts where the lead weights have swelled and split the butt in four places! I play with a maple burwat and know of only four others making five in total thats including yours and mine.

Comment

theres not to many about then i all so have a Sidney Smith cue made by Burroughes and Watts, its it quite rare carnt remember seeing one on ebay

Comment

The Sydney Smith burroughes and watts cues are lovely- ebony butt with a front splice of maple and a green veneer. Do you like Mannock's?

Comment

Do you like Mannock's?
                yes havent got one tho see one at a carboot years ago he wanted 30 quid for it i told him it was michine made and did not have broper feral on it i could cry now

Comment

Well if you ever fancy a swap for a Mannock that would be the equivalent of your burwat let me know. I would love to have a back up for my maple burwat in case anything happened to it. Do you play with your maple burwat?

Comment

Do you play with your maple burwat?
                    no not that often might try it tonight i play with a 17 year old power glide control cue and a Cannon Ye Olde Ash cue i swap between the 2

Comment

are you in london gloveman

Comment

No i'm at S****horpe but am coming past London next week rely bashing!

Comment

2 peice burwat champion

Hi
                          A friend of mine is looking for a 2 peice burwat champion. Does anyone have a 2 peice burwat champion for sale must be in good condition 16-17 oz 58'' give me a shout
                          thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X