Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginner wanting new cue

Hey Guys,

I have been playing snooker at a basic level for about 2 years now and probably play between 3 and 5 hours a week. The cues at the local club seem pretty bad and most players have their own cues. I thought I would buy one and have looked a bit through the forum already but most of it is over my head- I know virtually nothing about cues except what I have just read on the handmadecues website.

I don't know how much buys a semi-decent cue but I am a student so didn't really want to spend much more than £60/70 but could probably stretch to £100 you think it would make a big difference.

I am open to ideas and any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance and sorry if I have broken any rules (this is my first post!)

I have a few cues in stock that fall in your budget

www.welshpooltrading.co.uk

Comment

Craftsman cues are ok for someone like yourself, very nice staff too that are really helpfull

http://www.craftsmancues.com/

Comment

I heard on the crucible coverage last year that Stephen Maguire (i think, one of the top boys anyway) playes with a £15 cue from JJB

Sam

Comment

Originally Posted by Woppit View Post
          I heard on the crucible coverage last year that Stephen Maguire (i think, one of the top boys anyway) playes with a £15 cue from JJB

Sam
          I wonder if Trevor White knows JJB were selling his cues for £15

Comment

Originally Posted by Woppit View Post

Sam
            that was Alan McManus, Sam.

Comment

and that explains everything lol

Comment

Okay thanks for all your replies. I have looked at what you have suggested and also continued to search the forum and I am edging towards the Craftsman Victor cue. The only thing is I also want a case and most the ones I have seen are about £25 (about half the cost of the cue!). I feel that could be used to get a better cue, so is there either a cheap case to get or is there a good cue for about £100 which has a case included (which I presume would be better than the £55 Victor)?

Comment

Originally Posted by David560 View Post
                  Okay thanks for all your replies. I have looked at what you have suggested and also continued to search the forum and I am edging towards the Craftsman Victor cue. The only thing is I also want a case and most the ones I have seen are about £25 (about half the cost of the cue!). I feel that could be used to get a better cue, so is there either a cheap case to get or is there a good cue for about £100 which has a case included (which I presume would be better than the £55 Victor)?
                  If you phone them and have a chat im sure they will sort a deal out with you for a decent cue and case, just phone up saying that you was refered by one of there customers and see what they sugest.

Comment

just had a thought, if you buy the cue and spend your money on that, then have a look on ebay for a cue with case which there are some dead cheap ones on there that you can bid for. Have the cue and case delivered saving the case for your new cue and re-sell the ebay cue. i done the same for a friend who was looking for a cheap case and got one this way for £10 and resold the cue for £8

Comment

I have a cue for sale, Peradon Ascot, 3/4 piece, 58'', 9.5mm, 18oz, 50 quid involving cue and case. Case is a bit worn, but its what you pay for. Make me an offer if you like, I need to get rid of it.

Comment

One of these days I'll find time to put these cases on ebay. I've been saying I will since November.

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ad.php?t=11165

Comment

Working...
                        X