Air-lock joint patent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

www.1klik.co.uk

Have a look at the web site as from Friday, its not like any other cue joint, it has no threads, initial production batch will be ready any day now, and cue production will start more or less imediately.

Comment

Hi Stan

We spoke a few months ago with regards your joint.
      Looking forward to trying it out.

Will be able to give constructive comment when it's in a cue.

Always room for innovation in the market place, so good luck with it.

Regards

Paul

ps.. That Cue Craft Joint is a nightmare after a few pints.

Comment

Could you direct us to the patent info of your joint, such as a patent number, please?
        Very interested in your joint.
        www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
          Hi Stan

We spoke a few months ago with regards your joint.
          Looking forward to trying it out.

Will be able to give constructive comment when it's in a cue.

Always room for innovation in the market place, so good luck with it.

Regards

Paul

ps.. That Cue Craft Joint is a nightmare after a few pints.
          Hi Paul
          Thanks for all your help and advice when we first spoke, sorry I haven't been back to you, the first batch has taken longer than expected, as soon as they are ready I will be in touch.
          regards
          Stan

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
            Could you direct us to the patent info of your joint, such as a patent number, please?
            Very interested in your joint.
            Poolqjunkie
            Do you manufacture cues?
            Stan

Comment

i do...

can i have the patent number/details cos i'd be most interested to read up on it.

cheers...
              The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

I know you do!
                The patent is for the actual metod of fixing two materials together, not just for a cue join. I am the worldwide licence holder for for the cue making industry, but as I have told you before it is already used in electronics, automotive and furniture related production to replace threaded parts that are liable to work loose due to vibration.
                Although I am new to the cue industry I have been designing fixings and fasteners for over 20 years, and I am always open to feedback.
                As I have been researching this application, every join I have come accross relies on friction to remain in place, were as you will very shortly see, mine locks which as far as I have seen is unique.
                If you can wait a few days you can have samples, I would very much like a Wooldridge cue with my join?

Comment

i am interested to see how this works the photos don't help with that
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Sorry the photo doesn't help, the web site is now up and running (but not finished) I can send you samples when they are ready.
                    Stan

Comment

i now understand the design - have you tested these on a cue over any length of time?

Comment

I now have 3 cues made with the original sample joints. I play every Friday afternoon for aprox 5 hours for the last for 4 months (dont tell the missus or my business partner)
                        I play with with a centre jointed and my colleague plays with a 3/4 jointed version, both made by Dean at B and W.
                        During this time the main joints on the cues have never required re-tightening and the mini butt works a treat, fastens in a fraction of a second!
                        The real test is when there are thousands of cues out there with this type of join, hopefully in the very near future :-)

Comment

In your web site, you said this joint can help beginners and professional players to be more accurate with their shots, would you mind telling us how?
                          Is there any reason why you would patent your joint but refuse to let anyone know the patent information. Patenting is a process whereas the invention is intended to be made public while protected from infringement. If you do not let anyone know that your product is indeed as you said, been patented, then you also are not protected from those who might copy your design. Fair warning needs to be given to anyone whom you may want to file a claim against with regard to the infringement of your design.
                          The whole idea of patenting a design is for the betterment of the world--so others can learn from your invention, gain understanding of a new mechanism, and share insight into your concept.
                          The Uniloc joint from the US is a very quick joint, which offers outstanding alignment and very accurate and consistent facing at the joint face.
                          The Layani conical joint is another very quick joint, which does not operate upon the principle of friction.
                          Would you mind to explain why your joint would help players to be more "accurate" with their shots, than using other joints such as the conventional joints and the ones I just mentioned? Moreover, would you please let us know where is your design patented and what is the patent info?
                          Thank you.
                          www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

I dont recall refusing to give my patent information, if this was implied I apologise. One of the main reasons for bringing this new fixing method to the cue industry is give it more exposure to the general public, and hopefully this will lead to new applications for 'the betterment of the world'. Full details of the patent will appear on the web site very shortly. I must stress the fixing method is patented not the cue join.
                            The reason I asked you if you made cues was to send you some samples to test in your own cues.
                            Although this is a very quick release system I feel the true benefit is the 'lock' it produces when connected. The transfer of power, and accuracy of the shot reflects this. As I said in one of my previous posts any threaded connection that relies solely on the bearing surface between machine threads is not in my opinion 'locked'. I do not know enough about the two joints you mention to comment.
                            All I am trying to do is bring a new idea to the industry, I do not wish to offend anybody just get as many people as possible to try it.

Comment

i look forward to trying it.

Comment

Yes will be interesting to try.

What material did you use on the ones b and w made for you stan ?

The price of brass has rocketed in the last year.
                                Maybe brass lacks the wear resistance for this type of joint ?

Comment

Working...
                                X