Air-lock joint patent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
    well i have received these today - they look good - heavy but good, i will let you know how i get on after i have bashed them about for a day or two!
    What are your thoughts on the joint?
    Cheers,
    -- Bill --

Comment

• The Billiard Cue?

I don't need to preach to the converted. We live in modern times and as such mention the whiff of litigation and money, the pack dogs come snarling. Is it time we went back to the basics of the love of the game and the humble cue, used to help the player pit his wits against the foe? Cues come in all shapes, sizes and materials. Modern life throws up many challenges. Is it time to stop the merrygoround and get in the mind set of the Walter Lindrums, Tom Reeces and Joe Davis's of the world - the love of the game. A cue is individual, personal and in many cases a prized possession. Lets pay homage to the humble cue maker, who still takes the time to produce a work of art to help us in our quest to find 'the one'. There aren't may industries left where techniques from a bygone age are in use today! Good People (Dare I say Gentlemen at the cost of being criticised) The floor is yours.

Comment

• Originally Posted by MadMick View Post
        Lets pay homage to the humble cue maker
        hail hail

Originally Posted by MadMick View Post
        Good People (Dare I say Gentlemen)
        erm, never been called that before...
        The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

• Thanks for the heart-warming thoughts MadMick except for...

Originally Posted by MadMick View Post
          ...mention the whiff of litigation and money, the pack dogs come snarling.
          ... is that about... Air lock joints

or

"...steal my daddys cue and make a living out of playing pool..." ???

NEL

Comment

• I've just re-read all of this thread... is the 1-klik joint now being used in all your cues Mike?

Comment

• Originally Posted by dantuck_7 View Post
              I've just re-read all of this thread... is the 1-klik joint now being used in all your cues Mike?
              erm, not sure you how come to that conclusion

but the answer is no.

maybe you should re-read it. and another thread:

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ht=klik&page=3
              The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by dantuck_7 View Post
                I've just re-read all of this thread... is the 1-klik joint now being used in all your cues Mike?
                The intention of my thread was to point out the two schools of thought (or multiples) for the undecided. There are those people who strive to improve their ability at the game, and those who strive to improve the cue and its components. Sometimes the latter causes complications in the 'interpretation' of patent. The inventor of any thing that helps or improves the game should be rewarded. But to claim credit for something that someone else has invented doesn't seem right. Comments please ..........

Comment

Working...
                X